Explain Your Avatar / Forum Name

Great story on your Wildman name. Welcome home from Iraq. Vietnam myself.
Welcome home yourself Lowranger. It is always a funny story to tell. The copy I had of that video got ruined so it is only a memory now.

Hello everyone. New to the forum. New to TJ’s.
Avatar: it’s an airplane fuselage mated to an off-road truck frame. So I was wondering “hmmm, what should I make my avatar?” And then it hit me. I remembered this picture I saw (the avatar) and I just couldn’t pass it up. I work in aviation and well you get the picture!
Username/Handle: OIIIIIIIO Well, I don’t think it needs much of an explanation. I was surprised it was even available!! 7 slots and round headlights is why I got my son a TJ.

My avatar is Oscar - my 2002 Sahara 4.0. My name is from when I used to compete in sound quality competitions - about 20 years ago. You could get up to 30 points, 1 for each dB above 100 dB - I think I usually scored around 12 points in that section, hence the name. I use it on a few other forums as well.

My Avatar is my TJ out on the Arizona Four Peaks trail.

My name comes from my legal first name, KC.

I was truly named after the name of the company KC Hilites. My dad back in the 80s had them on his custom-built, lifted Chevy on 44" tires he built up with his own hands. (there weren't really any 'lift kits' back then and he had to fabricate everything himself!). Anyways, he liked the name KC and so here I am.

View attachment 78178

I also often get the question of "what does your name stand for?" and it does not stand for anything, hence the "No Dots" or in other words, no periods (Not abbreviations).

Good thing I like Jeeps and 4x4s. If i had another hobby, the KC name wouldn't be as cool and relevant. I always be sure to put KC lights on all my rigs. The classic rounds with KC stone guards so that my Jeep "has my name on it". :)
K0LCB is my amateur radio call sign. I am really a HAM

Years ago, against better judgment we decided to paint my Samurai on a warm summer evening. As we sat having a few beers after painting we kept taking turns chasing the mosquito eaters (crane fly) away from the wet paint. We called them Gollywompers as kids. By this time we had several adult beverages and were a bit loud yelling to keep the “GOLLYWOMPERS” away from the paint. Name stuck on the samurai, and I have used it as forum names since.

That explains the name (cool story). What about your Avatar? One morning when you forgot to shave??
The Avatar represents a mild fascination with the legend/myth of the creature. While not a “believer” I am curious of the fella.

Split the name in half and use your imagination. It was given to me in the late 80's by my roommates and it is also a mispronunciation of my last name so it stuck.

Avatar is me a couple years ago. Nothing's really changed, I keep forgetting to shave. Just a little more gray.

Years ago, while still in the US Navy, I had sliced off the tendons to my left index finger. That finger is now permanently on a 90 degree angle. Needless to say, being in the Navy I quickly got the nickname "Captain Hook", "Hook" has stuck ever since, 62 is year born. I usually use this avatar but decided to use a pic of my TJ for this forum. Should I change it?

Years ago, while still in the US Navy, I had sliced off the tendons to my left index finger. That finger is now permanently on a 90 degree angle. Needless to say, being in the Navy I quickly got the nickname "Captain Hook", "Hook" has stuck ever since, 62 is year born. I usually use this avatar but decided to use a pic of my TJ for this forum. Should I change it?
View attachment 86265
I like the Jeep Avatar better. :)

My first exposure to Jeeps was driving our unit’s Top around many years ago, a hardcore lifer who could get you drunk just standing next to you, and who I always thought was going to bounce out of his seat in the field. I’m a Carpetbagger/ Redneck (my take on someone who was raised in the north but also loves the south) and the first thing that came to mind was Jed Clampett. It’s the ADD mind. The year is self-explanatory. Great Chevys and Sportsters. And babies!