Factory heat shield pic request

SkylinesSuck

TJ Expert
Supporting Member
I think one of a couple different shops I had do work on my Jeep over the past few years removed the factory heat shield that sits above the skid plate/cat/muffler. There are two from my memory but I only have one, and I see the quick nuts that look like held them on against the bottom of the tub.

Could you guys snap a couple pics of under there next time you are under your Jeep for me? Considering fabing one up myself using the original as a general guide

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I think one of a couple different shops I had do work on my Jeep over the past few years removed the factory heat shield that sits above the skid plate/cat/muffler. There are two from my memory but I only have one, and I see the quick nuts that look like held them on against the bottom of the tub.

Could you guys snap a couple pics of under there next time you are under your Jeep for me? Considering fabing one up myself using the original as a general guide

Thanks in advance!
Pretty sure I have one you can use as a template. I'd offer it up for you, but need to replace a damaged one.

Reactions: SkylinesSuck
Thanks man! I think a damaged one would suit me just fine to copy too 🙂

I also think maybe there are two different versions; early vs late. Not sure if compatible, but they can't be too different.

20211006_170657.jpg

20211006_165446.jpg

That's off a '98 btw, dunno if it's different on the later years. Sorry, you can't have these, they're going back on my tub when I'm done fixing it.

That's great! Thanks man. Seeing it out and not installed helps a lot. There are definitely two different styles. Mine is a '98 as well. Hoping to see the other version and some installed shots if anybody has them as well.

I appreciate the help guys!