Factory inner shifter boot issue

Peppergat

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
So I bought one of the fancy factory inner shifter/ floor pan assemblies for my 2005. It didn’t have one in it , a previous owner had fabricated something out of sheet metal and I wanted the factory one installed so I could put the new tuffy console in. The dang thing doesn’t fit right. With it installed and the trans in neutral , the shifter stob is nearly touching the rear of the assembly, with it in 2nd it gets all in to the assembly. Surely this isn’t normal. Anyone experience this before ?
They had actually bent the stick into an S shape for some reason and , I got to thinking that maybe they had bent the stob as well but , it doesn’t look like it’s been heated. Thank I’m advance !

6780C706-2BF7-4328-AF82-349AD0B42DA2.jpeg

F8900DB5-4A80-4E80-A496-E7DEB66CBEFC.jpeg

9F0ABFC2-065A-4D3F-821A-BD9D03FCDC4A.jpeg

C0C47EDB-EB5B-477B-ABE9-78BAB444D438.jpeg

Do you have a Transfer Case drop or a body lift or both?

Your profile says 4” lift, unless it’s a Rubicon then it doesn’t list and SYE I would assume It must have a TC Drop. That will Jack this up

I have the NSG370, got the TJ for my son, he wanted my truck so I have this and building it similar. Sorry to hear about your son.

The shifter like that, is very specific to the NSG, it wouldn’t be the wrong one, that looks like it.

The actual shifter stick can be changed, and I put on a B&M shifter upgrade.

But, I would bet it’s the TC drop if you have one. Mine hit really bad on the back like that, exact same way, with the TC drop

I have the NSG370, got the TJ for my son, he wanted my truck so I have this and building it similar. Sorry to hear about your son.

The shifter like that, is very specific to the NSG, it wouldn’t be the wrong one, that looks like it.

The actual shifter stick can be changed, and I put on a B&M shifter upgrade.

But, I would bet it’s the TC drop if you have one. Mine hit really bad on the back like that, exact same way, with the TC drop

Thank you ! I should have mentioned that , it did have a tc drop that I already removed and , it does have a sye.

post up some pics. of the flamed out machine. me likes flames!
Big Red is my new this July to me 1982 CJ5, but it has a 1978 AMC 304 V8 and a 1980 Dana300 TC, 6" lift and 35's with side glass packs. Caster is for shit, ha, bounces all over right now, but it's no biggie, I drove my 78 CJ5 for 5 years in college all over, and it was loose as all get out, crazy stuff ha. Flames just came on it, I wanted a candy apple red....the silver flames are growing on me, ha.

I have my 05 TJ Black Rock Crawler project that I love, and my Big Red now that just nostalgic. No frame or concerning rust, overall, and the engine puts out, I just bought wide track axles I found on FB Marketplace, gonna slow rebuild those and get them looking factory clean. Gonna be fun to tow it to the beach and make some noise in Galveston or down in Padre.

IMG_9306.jpg

IMG_9283.jpg

IMG_9287.jpg

IMG_9293.jpg

Big Red is my new this July to me 1982 CJ5, but it has a 1978 AMC 304 V8 and a 1980 Dana300 TC, 6" lift and 35's with side glass packs. Caster is for shit, ha, bounces all over right now, but it's no biggie, I drove my 78 CJ5 for 5 years in college all over, and it was loose as all get out, crazy stuff ha. Flames just came on it, I wanted a candy apple red....the silver flames are growing on me, ha.

I have my 05 TJ Black Rock Crawler project that I love, and my Big Red now that just nostalgic. No frame or concerning rust, overall, and the engine puts out, I just bought wide track axles I found on FB Marketplace, gonna slow rebuild those and get them looking factory clean. Gonna be fun to tow it to the beach and make some noise in Galveston or down in Padre.

View attachment 352433

View attachment 352435

View attachment 352436

View attachment 352438

that’s too cool!