Factory interior parts

I have the oh-so-common crack(s) on the interior door panels near the front... I looked at replacing them but I’m thinking if I just take the panels off and fill it with resin from the back and press them together until it’s all dried up would eliminate 99% of the cracks visibility.

For that center dash bezel, they have some on eBay that’ll fit a 2 DIN stereo so you can have a neato big giant touch screen stereo.

Is a giant touch screen head unit safe in a soft top Jeep with no alarm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wanted to throw this out here, if any of you guys find a mint condition driver side half door panel in Spice/Camel, I'd be happy to pay whoever leads me to a sale. I hate saying this but it has to be in really good condition with no sun damage. All my spice panels are in really good condition and trying to replace the ones that aren't brand new looking :).

Ive got a 1.5" crack on my upper, front, inside passenger door panel too. it drives me a little mad every time I see it. BUT, I wouldn't pay $200 for one. I couldn't help but think, $200 dollars could go to something more useful.

I did see a home 'fix' for this on a forum. It may have even been this one. Epoxy from the back isn't a bad idea either, as someone here suggested.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris
If you do try and repair the door panel crack (I have one too), be sure to drill a small hole at the end of the crack. That will keep it from spreading further after you repair it. I will probably try to use a plastic welder (think soldering iron) and a piece of aluminum screen to reinforce the back, and epoxy filler on the front. Not sure how to texture the epoxy to hide the crack though...maybe make a small mold from JB weld or something.

I found the link, but it's on another forum. I don't feel right posting it out of respect.

Google search: "cracked or faded door panel, try this"

Damn good solution, the guy concocted!

That was my post so if you have any questions please ask.

Im considering following your lead. I've got so many 'little' projects that need to come first, though. Will chime you if I go ahead with it. Excellent solution, btw. Cheers!

Reactions: TJ4Jim