Factory radio delete?

P

ptw

I was able to look up my build sheet thanks to the link from this forum thank you!!! Everything looked pretty normal until I got towards the bottom and noticed my jeep car with "delete radio". When I bought the jeep the po had said it was owned by a government agency possibly the forest service. I'm curious if there are any other radio delete jeeps out there and maybe some history?

I saw a youtube video not too long ago with a TJ that had that option. His was a 4 cyl SE with no options at all.

Here's the link if you want to watch it.

• Love
Reactions: billiebob
I was able to look up my build sheet thanks to the link from this forum thank you!!! Everything looked pretty normal until I got towards the bottom and noticed my jeep car with "delete radio". When I bought the jeep the po had said it was owned by a government agency possibly the forest service. I'm curious if there are any other radio delete jeeps out there and maybe some history?

Okay, so trying not to hijack this thread, where does one go to find the build sheet of our TJ's ???

Okay, so trying not to hijack this thread, where does one go to find the build sheet of our TJ's ???

it's under the faq section on this site. It says vehicles built before 1998 may not have any info. Mine is a 1997 so I guess I got lucky.

weird....my 2000 does not show up at all. No build sheet. It must not exist. But, I have a title, so there's that.

weird....my 2000 does not show up at all. No build sheet. It must not exist. But, I have a title, so there's that.

try it on a normal computer...I tried it from my phone and it said no records found. I thought I would try again from my work computer and this time it worked!!! So maybe I entered the vin number wrong using my phone? Not sure but I would say double check you are entering the vin number correctly

Back in the '60s you could get a radio delete, heater delete, and off road muffler delete on Corvettes. Plus a 35 gallon gas tank option.

Did this have to do with less weight for the track, or lower cost?

Remember back when trucks could be ordered with manual locks, manual windows, and "plastic" floors?