Falcon wild peak MTs verse Cooper SST Pro

Dan_man

Supporting Member
I was going to get the wildpeaks because they were on crazy sale but I missed it sadly. So it’s only a $60 difference between the two and the SST‘s more. What tire would you pick?

I picked the Cooper STT Pros. The Falken tires are stupid heavy, for no good reason I can see. They are literally 15 pounds per tire heavier than the Coopers. There's no way I wanted that much extra weight for no gain. I think the Coopers look better too.

I picked the Cooper STT Pros. The Falken tires are stupid heavy, for no good reason I can see. They are literally 15 pounds per tire heavier than the Coopers. There's no way I wanted that much extra weight for no gain. I think the Coopers look better too.
15 lbs/tire is a lot of weight but to say there's no gain... Heavier casing = harder to puncture

Is that true?
Typically yes... whether it's thicker sidewall, thicker crown, or both, more rubber means more puncture resistance.... the down side of a heavier tire is lowered fuel economy and (depending on the quality of manufacturing) more weight needed to balance.

Last edited: