Falcons or Fox 2.0 Reservoir shocks?

TJBrad04

I'll be installing Teraflex long arms and I'm looking for a nice set of shocks to compliment them....
04' with soft top, arb bumpers, 35" spare, and winch.... So it is a bit heavier than stock.
Mostly forrest service loads and moderate trails with my young son.... No crazy crawling at this time... For now lol.
Who owns them and what do you think?

I started with the RS5000X shocks and will eventually go to Fox reservoir shocks.
Consider starting with the RS5000X for now. They're a decent shock at a really great price, and if you do decide to upgrade, you won't have spent much. A set of RS5000X will run you around $200 for all 4.

If you do go with Fox shocks, get them tuned. Accutune and other companies (@pcoplin?) sell them with a much more appropriate tune than Fox often puts out from the factory. Expect to spend around $1500 for 4 reservoir shocks. Get the CD adjusters if you're constantly changing the weight carried.

If you're going to go to the time and expense of a weld on long arm kit and Fox shocks, you may consider outboarding the rear shocks and installing front extended shock towers.

Personally I would avoid long arm kits for anything less than 37" tires. A 3.5-4" short arm kit and a 1-1.25" body lift will function just as well and run into fewer problems.

Please tell me you do not have the Teraflex kit yet? if you can send it back, please do. You can save time and money sticking with short arms with the lift you are planning on running. The Rancho RS5000X shocks are the ones that most people feel are one of the best ride quality shocks for the cost.

I live about 50 miles from teraflex and I will not buy anything from them. I used to get things from the old Mepco location but not with their new stuff, too many issues. Best of luck to you. Tim

If the shock mounts are staying in the factory locations, I would lean towards Rancho 5000x. Foxes are great when they are tuned for a TJ, but they don't seem to fit well in a factory setup.

Yes. The general consensus is to go with the Rancho 5000x shocks until you are ready to spend the coin for a custom tuned shock. At $50/shock the Ranchos are a real bargain for a (nearly) great ride.