Fan blower functions quit working

Hell - with today's fools spending more than that on a fucking smartphone that lasts 3 years tops...

I'd rather spend big bucks on a radiator ONCE, and never have to worry about it again. But instead, we get "technology". I don't mind spending money on quality - but I only want to spend it once.
You picked a really dumb hill to die on and you are making false equivalencies. You have exactly zero way to equate the rise of the smart phone with your perceived diminished radiator quality and again, what you keep ignoring is that they do last, you are only fucked up because you have experience with a low demand system. You could drizzle water on a shop towel and keep that motor cool.

You picked a really dumb hill to die on and you are making false equivalencies. You have exactly zero way to equate the rise of the smart phone with your perceived diminished radiator quality and again, what you keep ignoring is that they do last, you are only fucked up because you have experience with a low demand system. You could drizzle water on a shop towel and keep that motor cool.
You missed my point - which was obviously poorly expressed by me. I'm simply saying that there are idiots that will spend $1K on a smartphone - why not spend it on a radiator that would last instead? New car prices have gone through the roof, and if all/most new cars have radiator problems like our TJs do, I'd rather that mfgs put that money into the actual car instead of $10K+ worth of bullshit "technology" they're pushing instead.

You missed my point - which was obviously poorly expressed by me. I'm simply saying that there are idiots that will spend $1K on a smartphone - why not spend it on a radiator that would last instead? New car prices have gone through the roof, and if all/most new cars have radiator problems like our TJs do, I'd rather that mfgs put that money into the actual car instead of $10K+ worth of bullshit "technology" they're pushing instead.
Again, a stupid fucking hill to die on because you have unreasonable expectations based on low demand systems. It's a fucking radiator, it costs you 1/10th of a cent per mile to use, get over it already.

Again, a stupid fucking hill to die on because you have unreasonable expectations based on low demand systems. It's a fucking radiator, it costs you 1/10th of a cent per mile to use, get over it already.
I will be the first to admit that I'm an idealist - its kinda obvious. But if idealists didn't squawk, nothing would ever change for the better! I don't think its unreasonable to expect a radiator to last, with today's engineering capabilities and esp. materials science, it should be a no brainer, "high demand" or otherwise. If I'm going to spend the money, I expect longevity - I realize I'm not going to get it in today's throw away society, but that's still what I want.

Its gotten so bad that more and more I'm buying old to VERY old stuff, and refurbishing the it so I don't have to throw it away in 5 years and buy another one. Most recently was a desk fan - bought one from the 1950s, replaced a couple of thrust washers, re-wired it, gave it a robin's egg blue paint job, and I'll never have to buy another one. I just walked in from working on laying a new floor in the Library - and using a jigsaw from the 1940s or thereabouts. Love the thing - after wearing out 2 or 3 modern plastic things that I then couldn't get parts for, I was given this one and it'll probably outlast me. That's the way it should be.

Now I'm really liking the cordless Milwaukee hex drive impact you got me started on - I'm really hoping the quality is still there because I don't want to buy another one; battery notwithstanding. Time will tell.

Next washer/dryer pair will be Speed Queen - *REPORTEDLY* they still have the quality.

Reactions: txbemis69
I will be the first to admit that I'm an idealist - its kinda obvious. But if idealists didn't squawk, nothing would ever change for the better! I don't think its unreasonable to expect a radiator to last, with today's engineering capabilities and esp. materials science, it should be a no brainer, "high demand" or otherwise. If I'm going to spend the money, I expect longevity - I realize I'm not going to get it in today's throw away society, but that's still what I want.
Fine, die on that hill. CBR radiators in SoCal will build what you want, just throw a grand at them and then STFU about it.
Its gotten so bad that more and more I'm buying old to VERY old stuff, and refurbishing the it so I don't have to throw it away in 5 years and buy another one. Most recently was a desk fan - bought one from the 1950s, replaced a couple of thrust washers, re-wired it, gave it a robin's egg blue paint job, and I'll never have to buy another one. I just walked in from working on laying a new floor in the Library - and using a jigsaw from the 1940s or thereabouts. Love the thing - after wearing out 2 or 3 modern plastic things that I then couldn't get parts for, I was given this one and it'll probably outlast me. That's the way it should be.

Now I'm really liking the cordless Milwaukee hex drive impact you got me started on - I'm really hoping the quality is still there because I don't want to buy another one; battery notwithstanding. Time will tell.

Next washer/dryer pair will be Speed Queen - *REPORTEDLY* they still have the quality.
Yeah, what the fuck ever. There is a difference between being an unrealistic "idealist" with the misbegotten notion that will change anything and an annoying broken record that says the same shit over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. We got it, we got it the first 500 fucking times you said it.

It doesn't matter how many times the fallacy of that hill you're dying on is pointed out, you still persist.

As for the Milwaukee shit, I don't care if they die. They work well enough and long enough that if they shit the bed, I'm going to go get another one just like it because I need something that works well and makes my life easier. To date that hasn't been much of an issue but if it was, I'd still go get another one because of how well they work, kinda like OEM radiators.

Reactions: Zorba
How many OEM radiators have you actually bought and installed in your TJ?
At the moment, exactly none. And I'm really hoping it stays that way for quite a few years - I'm just going on the multitude of reports of 10 to 15 year old radiators "taking a powder". We'll see. There's no way of my knowing how old the current radiator is - as it's an '06, it may or may not be the original. Nothing in the CarFAX about it being replaced although we both know that's a low quality source of information. Interestingly, CarFAX noted a new starter and a universal joint (who knows which one) being replaced at some point. Oh, and they also noted a replacement serpentine belt about 4 months before I bought the thing - who knew? ;)

You're a pragmatist - in your trade you have to be, and I respect that. When/if the thing blows, I'll cast about at that time and see if I can find anything better. When I can't, I'll put another OEM in - if I can get one - and grumble about it! Or get a "DuraLast" with the lifetime warranty and just replace it every time I change the oil! Since @Jerry Bransford is now almost a neighbor, I'm sure he'd be more than happy to come down and help with that! :ROFLMAO:

Fine, die on that hill. CBR radiators in SoCal will build what you want, just throw a grand at them and then STFU about it.
Do you respect their product? Do you think it would last? Will it cool adequately? If all 3 are "yes", I'm onboard when the time comes!

As for the Milwaukee shit, I don't care if they die. They work well enough and long enough that if they shit the bed, I'm going to go get another one just like it because I need something that works well and makes my life easier. To date that hasn't been much of an issue but if it was, I'd still go get another one because of how well they work, kinda like OEM radiators.
That's very good to hear, and what I'd expect. If they're holding up in your professional shop, they certainly should hold up to homeowner duty. (y)