RPDNLV

20230930_104049.jpg

20230930_104102.jpg

20230819_175411.jpg

20230821_175022.jpg

That's just a click shift hand throttle. It's no different than using a index shifter instead of a friction shifter.

Is it easy to adjust the rpms up/down as needed while driving with it?

No.
It clicks up easily but coming back down you have to push the blue button. Each press lowers the shifter 1 click.
So if I raise the lever 3 clicks by lifting, I have to press the blue button 3 times to get back down to idle.

No.
It clicks up easily but coming back down you have to push the blue button. Each press lowers the shifter 1 click.
So if I raise the lever 3 clicks by lifting, I have to press the blue button 3 times to get back down to idle.
That doesn't sound at all user friendly if using it on tough terrain. I'd rather have this style like I used on both my manual and auto transmissions.

full.jpeg

TrannyAutoShifter.JPG

Reactions: RPDNLV
Interesting, once I figured out what you had done. So, how well does it work on the trail?

Haven't had a chance to try it. First time out I snapped the output shaft of my transfer case.
Second time out after getting a brand new SYE and driveshaft I destroyed my spider gears.
Currently waiting for a quote on new diff carrier and axles.

Resized_20231005_134236.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Haven't had a chance to try it. First time out I snapped the output shaft of my transfer case.
Second time out after getting a brand new SYE and driveshaft I destroyed my spider gears.
Currently waiting for a quote on new diff carrier and axles.

View attachment 464113

A hand throttle won't fix that. Throttle control at the foot goes a long long way. So does an axle regear for your tire size.

A quarter gets you about 2k RPMs for better voltage while winching. Granted you have to pop the hood and shove it in the linkage.

Need a hand throttle one of these days.

-Mac

Reactions: RINC