Favorite / best resource for buying stuff

I buy direct from dealers, manufacturers, or Amazon.com. I gave up on Quadratec's overpriced catalog many years ago.

What finally soured me completely on Quadratec was when I discovered they were selling Uniden's Pro-510XL for $69.95 when everyone else was getting $29.95 to 39.95. I raised a stink about it (who, me? :)) in a large Jeep forum and it wasn't long after that that they lowered the price down to a more reasonable one.

And don't get me going on Quadratec's "lowest price guarantee" BS which I consider an unfair and predatory pricing practice. They sell their products every day at a higher price to those who don't price shop and then drop the price only when pushed to steal the sale from a competitor who was offering to sell at that lower price to begin with.

Last edited:

I actually agree with this a lot. They run 15%-20% coupons a couple of times a year and normally the professional sellers on there you can get to price match through "best offer" what amazon has them at (if they're not doing so already, often its the same sellers). So do that first, then throw on the coupon that eBay gives you and you can get some seriously good deals.

Last edited:
Reactions: Miracle Jeep
I usually buy directly from the manufacturer. I find that Quadratec / extreme terrain really cater to people who strap whatever Chinese junk they can find on their Jeeps. You can't find Currie or Savvy on Quadratec or extreme terrain if I remember correctly.

Other than that, I use Amazon.

I did get my gears at https://www.4lowparts.com at Jerrys recommendation, they're probably more of a dealer, but a bit cheaper than buying from the manufacturer, they carry good brands, and very easy to work with even over email which I appreciate.

I've spent more money through 4LowParts than I care to admit. Ricky's always taken care of me and has spent countless hours working with me to make sure the order is perfect. Where most people just want a quick sale, Ricky treats you like you're the only customer.

I use ebay for a ton of stuff. They offer ebay bucks for users and frequently have 8-15% ebay bucks sales. I bought xmas gifts the other day and already have $40 to use for whatever I want.

I also peruse Craigslist daily. Both of my ARB lockers, antirock, hardtop, chromo shafts, diff cover, and currie steering have all come from Craigslist finds.

4Low parts is also a great source.

Have bought a few items from 4wheelparts. Though they are a last resort for me. The good thing is that they are local and only 20 min up the road.

For general parts, Amazon. It's cheap, most of it's 2-day Prime shipping, and you'll get the best customer service and returns out there (seriously easy returns).

For speciality parts, I go to the builder directly (i.e. Savvy). If you call them up and ask for a discount, they'll give it to you... The trick is, you have to pick up the phone and call them.

For general parts, Amazon. It's cheap, most of it's 2-day Prime shipping, and you'll get the best customer service and returns out there (seriously easy returns).

For speciality parts, I go to the builder directly (i.e. Savvy). If you call them up and ask for a discount, they'll give it to you... The trick is, you have to pick up the phone and call them.
You think that would work on a Savvy shift cable? Im going to try that Friday.

You think that would work on a Savvy shift cable? Im going to try that Friday.

I'm sure it would. However, remember that that think is so low cost to begin with, that if they do discount it, they likely can't discount it that much, since there isn't much profit margin in a $170 item versus a $2500 item.

Reactions: KCsTJ
I use Google to price shop, and also look at the Manufacturers website to confirm authorized resellers.

While Amazon is the easiest way out, price shopping via Google search is a great resource and one that I use.

CSE offroad
DPG offroad
4lowparts
Rockhard in Nebraska, call them they are fun to visit with
Quadratec just for looking
Ebay and or Craigslist