Favorite rock rails / steps and why? (for a 2006 TJ)

Hmm... maybe that the manufacturer has for decades engineered sliders/rail Mounting that Should meet your approval, and how well that mounting system works.
Showing anything being up up by a hi-lift, a jack, an automotive lift, etc. by the rails has exactly nothing to do with anything since static forces are nothing compared to dynamic forces.

• Face Palm
Reactions: jjvw and Artsifrtsi
Showing anything being up up by a hi-lift, a jack, an automotive lift, etc. by the rails has exactly nothing to do with anything since static forces are nothing compared to dynamic forces.

The first thing I am imagining is a 5000-6000lb JK/JL slipping and falling a few inches, landing on a point load (rock). That same fall would collapse any HiLift and most vehicle lifts.

I went with some that were a $300 or so nothing overly fancy. I did get the ones that go between the body mounts and bolt to the side of the body. I was somewhat of a pain to install the first side but other side was easy. Take out all the body mount bolts and hijack the jeep up and install. Few things I learned 1) use black silicon to mount. put it on the rock slider prior to installing. It will squish out over the masking tape, let it dry and carefully cut it off with a brand new razor blade. Hold it up, outline with pencil then masking tape the line. Looks great and seals it up. 2) prep and paint prior to install Mine were already powder coated but not knowing the exact color I repainted them satin canyon black. now when they get scratched, I simply hit them with some satin canyon black, looks good as new. 3) prep and paint mounting hardware if you want it black. you can also clear coat it all etc prior to install.

KIMG3865.JPG