FCA—shame, shame, shame!

I suppose if they didn’t do it California would have crushed it anyways.

Newsom don’t want no gas guzzlers 😆

Reactions: DrDmoney
I suppose if they didn’t do it California would have crushed it anyways.

Newsom don’t want no gas guzzlers 😆
unfortunately chris your probably right. I can't find the photo now but I saw a picture of a sign the other day that say " merry xmas to all, except gavin newsom"

the fact that it was a willy's is a little upsetting. It belonged in a museum. There's probably a hundred people on this forum that could have made something respectable of it. With the amount of CGI they do theses days there's no reason FCA couldn't have used it for the same purpose save actually crushing it.

This thread reminds me of a child who sets a toy down to do something else deemed more interesting. Only to grow jealous once they see some other kid come and pick up the toy they set down and left behind.
are you referring to the man that sold it or are you insinuating that it's childish for me to be critical of a company that market's it products with a focus on the brands history and then demolishes a rare piece of that history?

are you referring to the man that sold it or are you insinuating that it's childish for me to be critical of a company that market's it products with a focus on the brands history and then demolishes a rare piece of that history?
They built it, they sold it, they bought it back, they crushed it..

How about all these people on here that modify the crap out of their TJ's? How about all the folk that have these and similar vehicles out behind their houses or in fields rotting away because "I'm gonna fix it someday..."? Should they get the same bad-mouthing that FCA got?

While the potential for restoration was there, the actual likelihood of anyone actually doing that with the time and money expenditure required is just about nil. If the guy that sold it wanted it restored, he should have kept it and restored it. What happens to it after the sale is actually none of his business.

It was a piece of shit rust bucket and I'm not the tiniest bit sad the crusher got it.

They built it, they sold it, they bought it back, they crushed it..

How about all these people on here that modify the crap out of their TJ's? How about all the folk that have these and similar vehicles out behind their houses or in fields rotting away because "I'm gonna fix it someday..."? Should they get the same bad-mouthing that FCA got?
Thread title should have been "FCA crushes classic gladiator". I was trying for something a little on the humorous side but it apparently didn't translate well. Seems like for some reason folks really don't like it and maybe even offended by it.

Here, another attempt at humor, "Should they get the same bad-mouthing that FCA got?" why yes, they should all be executed. Any better?

This thread intended to draw out some "wow that would have been nice to restore, look at this photo of a similar one that was restored"
not a "boycott FCA and write letters to them because your upset" thread. As it is now getting misconstrued.

He sold it to them for 2 grand, that makes it theirs to do what they want with. That fact does not escape me.

Thread title should have been "FCA crushes classic gladiator". I was trying for something a little on the humorous side but it apparently didn't translate well. Seems like for some reason folks really don't like it and maybe even offended by it.

Here, another attempt at humor, "Should they get the same bad-mouthing that FCA got?" why yes, they should all be executed. Any better?

This thread intended to draw out some "wow that would have been nice to restore, look at this photo of a similar one that was restored"
not a "boycott FCA and write letters to them because your upset" thread. As it is now getting misconstrued.

He sold it to them for 2 grand, that makes it theirs to do what they want with. That fact does not escape me.
They weren't good trucks when they were new.

• Haha
Reactions: Bigmac
They are very cool trucks. While I agree that they weren’t ever any special from the factory, I do find myself staring every time I see one. Especially with some tasteful modifications.

Reactions: Squatch
It’s always sad to see something that “could” be restored get demolished. But the guy sat on it for 20 years. Then posted an ad on Craigslist.

if he wanted to see that get bought by someone who would’ve actually done something with it. Should have posted in classic car trader. Spent the $20 for the ad.

I do think they look cool. But there are a lot of other peojects I would go to first before making a FS Jeep truck on the list.

to me it’s more shame on the seller.