Fender Flare Replacement Options

Hey Everyone!
I have a quick question about my fender flares. The paint on my flares is chipping pretty bad and they are at the point now that there is more plastic showing than paint. I took them off to paint them, but they were such a pain to remove that I don't even want to think about putting them back on! I was considering buying tube fenders like these:

https://www.extremeterrain.com/barricade-fender-flares-9706-tj.html
Compared to other tube fenders, these ones don't have that rounded bit like these:

https://www.extremeterrain.com/barricade-fenders-9706-tj.html
I am just not a fan of how those look, but I understand that it is there to stop mud sparing on the body. My dilemma is cutting my factory fenders to mount these. I would hate to sacrifice my OEM fenders just to put these on. So here is my question: Is there a fender flare that mounts like a stock fender that is less of a pain to mount? Or is there a tube fender that does not require cutting?

Thank you so much!

Patrick Carlin

The factory fender flares aren't cut to mount those, they replace your entire fender.

Are you after a set of stock replacement fender flares? If so, these are an option:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0013REXPW/?tag=wranglerorg-20
I’ve had issues with both omix replacement flares ordered from 2 separate vendors With cuts in the plastic from what looks like a razor blade slice.
the first vendors kit had several cuts in the plastic Flares (was a sealed box) and the second vendors kit had 1 single cut on the passenger front flare (sealed box again. Omix flares quality control is poor imo. I decided to keep the 2nd set of flares because I didn’t want to bother with returns again and 1 slice was better than multiple.
Additionally the omix flares plastic is softer than oem and after just a few months there are lots of dents in the lower portions of the rear flares near the doors from rocks impacting them.

• Wow
Reactions: Chris
Last edited:
I used a ratcheting wrench (like gearwrench) when I changed mine and didn't think it was to bad.

1595454260497.png

Ill check them out! The stock flares were just a pain because there is no good way to get a wrench on there.

Most of the problems is due to the self tapping 5/16" head screws and the rectangular plastic nuts. I replaced all of the original hardware with 1/4" stainless steel bolts, nuts and washers and is makes the job a lot easier.

I ended up making some fender covers out of steel. I will post a how to when I finish! But if they dont come out right I will just buy some. Here is my current progress👇 Keep in mind im a teenager and my fabrication skills are still being tuned😁

C71B86AC-4FF7-47CB-B931-4562A4FD8C9E.jpeg

I ended up making some fender covers out of steel. I will post a how to when I finish! But if they dont come out right I will just buy some. Here is my current progress👇 Keep in mind im a teenager and my fabrication skills are still being tuned😁

View attachment 178923
With the rain we’re getting today looks like you have plenty of shop time I am in winter haven also, will look for you

Here is another view:
IMG-0897.JPG

And Davidtj,
I hope to see you around here too! Im pretty sure I have seen your Jeep around town. Are you a member of any Jeep clubs around here? I go ride with a couple of people sometimes if you are interested!

Here is another view:
View attachment 179110
And Davidtj,
I hope to see you around here too! Im pretty sure I have seen your Jeep around town. Are you a member of any Jeep clubs around here? I go ride with a couple of people sometimes if you are interested!
I’ll be looking for you
Would be good sometime to get some local form members together