Final Suspension Bits: Spacer and Isolator Questions

Bratch

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
It looks like the stars are aligning and I’m finally going to get to install the parts I bought last year.

I have new H&R springs, Bilstein 5100s, and the ZJ tie rods to put on. As I’ve been reading and prepping I’ve come across some little pieces and had some questions to make sure I’m ready to go.

Spring Isolators: Should I replace mine or are the OEM usually reusable? If replacing are the Moog decent?

Spring spacers: I’m looking at 0.5-0.75” spacers to level the front since the H&R are supposed to rake more. Are there any preferred spacers or are they all about the same?

Anything else I need to look into while I have everything torn apart or that I will need to put back together? I think I’m good on the big pieces but am worried I’ll miss something little. Bump stops?

You will be able to tell if your isolators need replacing when you put in the springs. If in doubt, just get some up front, they're not much.

All poly spacers are pretty much the same, take your pick.

I can't imagine you'd need bump stop spacers with H&R springs; you might need to replace the soft jounce bumpers if they're old and brittle.