Finally re-geared, locked, & lifted

$1500 for labor or does that include parts? I would never roll on steelies partly for looks partly for weight partly for rust... you could always paint a set of alloys if you were so inclined. Or use that spray-on rubberized coating stuff. It can supposedly be peeled off if you don't like it.

Only reason my TJ is black is, I figured I need to own at least one car that doesn't stick out like a chili pepper in a parking lot full of grey civics.

Reactions: Robert Sullenger
$1500 for labor or does that include parts? I would never roll on steelies partly for looks partly for weight partly for rust... you could always paint a set of alloys if you were so inclined. Or use that spray-on rubberized coating stuff. It can supposedly be peeled off if you don't like it.

Only reason my TJ is black is, I figured I need to own at least one car that doesn't stick out like a chili pepper in a parking lot full of grey civics.
Just labor. Once you start locking & regearing, it isn’t cheap. From what little I understand about it, it’s hard to get the gears adjusted just right.

For what its worth, in 2013 I had a D-30 and D-44 regeared with Sierra Gear , Crom moly rear axles. rear Eaton E-locker, replace rear drum brakes,
replaced with Rancho armored diff covers front and rear, lube locker gaskets F&R, Syn axle lube, ( contrary to popular belief no issues
over 8 years and 47,000 miles ) and correct T-case speedo gear for new ratio. For $ 3400.00 from a local 4X4 shop that's been in business over 50 years, totally happy to support a local American family run business🇺🇸 and have had no issues with the work (y)

Reactions: Robert Sullenger
One day she will want the Jeep, wonder if she will get priority then? :unsure: ;)
Yeah, that's an interesting question. I've read a bunch of threads where folks discuss getting TJs for their kids. Cool as they are, TJs weren't my first choice for our kids as new drivers. High center of gravity and short wheelbase aren't so forgiving of mistakes. Also the mileage isn't the best if you're on a budget. Great platform for learning to wrench, though.

One day she will want the Jeep, wonder if she will get priority then? :unsure: ;)
E9AFDCCA-E581-4813-B93D-1347689208B0.jpeg

She’s already claimed it.😀