First time Jeep owner!

thawk21

I just picked up an 04 LJ. Never owned a Wrangler before but being look for one like this for a while. There some stuff that needs fixed/changed on it but I am excited about having a new toy. The previous owner for some reason installed a straight pipe dual exhaust THAT HAS TO GO!!! Maybe it's my old age but it sounds awful. Made for a rough 5hr drive home after picking it up. If you have any recommendations for a muffler, I am open to suggestions.

04 LJ.jpg

Congrats on the new rig! It looks like yours has a transfer case drop kit on it. Not sure how much lift you have but I'd suspect you could get rid of it, picking up some ground clearance. The longer wheel base of the LJ helps with the drive shaft angles so you likely won't have any driveline vibrations after removal.

Reactions: Danarch and Woodrow
I just picked up an 04 LJ. Never owned a Wrangler before but being look for one like this for a while. There some stuff that needs fixed/changed on it but I am excited about having a new toy. The previous owner for some reason installed a straight pipe dual exhaust THAT HAS TO GO!!! Maybe it's my old age but it sounds awful. Made for a rough 5hr drive home after picking it up. If you have any recommendations for a muffler, I am open to suggestions.

View attachment 441158

Welcome!
Tom Hanks Hello GIF

View attachment 441158

I agree that the T-case drop could probably be disposed of. To your question, Magnaflow mufflers paired with a standard single system are louder than stock but pleasant with the Jeep 4.0.

Congrats on the new rig! It looks like yours has a transfer case drop kit on it. Not sure how much lift you have but I'd suspect you could get rid of it, picking up some ground clearance. The longer wheel base of the LJ helps with the drive shaft angles so you likely won't have any driveline vibrations after removal.

Thanks, didn't real notice that. It has a teraflex 2.5inch lift. I have a lot to learn with these things.

View attachment 441158

Welcome, nice Jeep. I just picked up an LJ. From my reading on this forum at 2.5” it does seem the TC drop could be eliminated.