Fkng Amazon!

xXDavidCXx

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Amazon shipped my $90 Mopar oil pan gasket rolled and stuffed into a small box.

Fk you Amazon!

IMG_3899.JPEG

Mine arrived that way as well from Amazon… I bent it back so it was in somewhat normal shape and stuck it in… haven’t had a problem. Really frustrating though

• Sad
Reactions: BlueC and sab
With all the issues I’ve had trying to fight all the leaks, I’m not taking the chance.

I did my oil pan gasket 3 times before that and rms twice chasing an oil pan leak that actually ended up being a hole in my timing chain cover which managed to run down the length of the oil pan… I was a bit done with the whole thing, haha! Wanted the jeep back up and running, bent the gasket back and thought it would be good enough. Seems to have turned out okay, I got lucky.

With all the issues I’ve had trying to fight all the leaks, I’m not taking the chance.

I understand...my front and rear main seals have been badly leaking.

I'm letting the anaerobic sealant cure until tomorrow night. Fingers crossed that things won't leak after this effort.

The next item to address is a leak from my 42RLE housing/tunnel (the pan is good to go).

Reactions: Jamison C and JMT
Amazon’s shipping speed is impressive. The way they pack stuff, not so much.

I started buying motor oil from them. I used to get it at Walmart because it was cheap and convenient. However, the stock levels at Walmart have been trending downward over the last decade, and it’s gotten to the point that most of the time, I have to go to three stores before I find what I need. So, I started buying it from Amazon. They always have it in stock at the same price as Walmart. However, they just take a 5 quart bottle and throw it in a much-too-large box loosely - no packing material to take up the space. Two of the last four orders suffered leaks in transit, resulting in cancelled orders (they don’t re-ship, for some reason). The very last order made it all the way to the parking lot at my office. I watched the Amazon van pull in, sit there for five minutes, and then drive off. The driver never even got out. I knew right away what happened - he walked to the back to get the box and saw oil everywhere. I immediately checked Amazon’s tracking page and saw “there’s been a problem with your order. Due to damage in shipment, it’s being returned to the warehouse.”

So, I have to plan ahead and give time for the shipping mess. Very frustrating, and Walmart has a huge opportunity to win back my in-person business if they’d just get their inventory problem solved.

After the third bent manifold gasket from autozone I gave up and bought a strait one from oreileys. Seems they cannot hire people with some kind of automotive mechanics knowledge. What’s so hard about don’t bend a metallic type gasket? Felpro ships in a flat box with the gasket stretched out. Wonder if that should give a clue?

• Sad
Reactions: JMT and sab

I started buying motor oil from them. I used to get it at Walmart because it was cheap and convenient. However, the stock levels at Walmart have been trending downward over the last decade, and it’s gotten to the point that most of the time, I have to go to three stores before I find what I need. So, I started buying it from Amazon. They always have it in stock at the same price as Walmart. However, they just take a 5 quart bottle and throw it in a much-too-large box loosely - no packing material to take up the space. Two of the last four orders suffered leaks in transit, resulting in cancelled orders (they don’t re-ship, for some reason). The very last order made it all the way to the parking lot at my office. I watched the Amazon van pull in, sit there for five minutes, and then drive off. The driver never even got out. I knew right away what happened - he walked to the back to get the box and saw oil everywhere. I immediately checked Amazon’s tracking page and saw “there’s been a problem with your order. Due to damage in shipment, it’s being returned to the warehouse.”

So, I have to plan ahead and give time for the shipping mess. Very frustrating, and Walmart has a huge opportunity to win back my in-person business if they’d just get their inventory problem solved.

I’ve had the same experience. After a recent Amazon order took multiple attempts for success I’ve realized the oil for my diesel is cheaper at Menards than the others. I haven’t checked their other offerings though so you may want to look into that.

Reactions: sab
I’ve had the same experience. After a recent Amazon order took multiple attempts for success I’ve realized the oil for my diesel is cheaper at Menards than the others. I haven’t checked their other offerings though so you may want to look into that.

Ah, Menard's. I miss Menard's. And Fleet Farm. Sigh...

• Haha
Reactions: Apparition

Recently ordered a case of Motorcraft oil from Amazon. Came in original case inside another box. No damage

Reactions: BlueC and sab
I’d take Blaines Farm and fleet over the post Mills family Fleet Farm.

Maybe I'm weird, but I always preferred Fleet Farm over Farm and Fleet, and whenever I'm back home, I take a trip to Fleet Farm. I haven't been in a Farm and Fleet in a very long time. Better now? They used to have far less to choose from, and Fleet Farm seems to have expanded its offerings since Mills sold out.

No Menards near you?

Sadly, they haven't made it here, yet:

1710593248289.png

Maybe I'm weird, but I always preferred Fleet Farm over Farm and Fleet, and whenever I'm back home, I take a trip to Fleet Farm. I haven't been in a Farm and Fleet in a very long time. Better now? They used to have far less to choose from, and Fleet Farm seems to have expanded its offerings since Mills sold out.

Blaine’s has the better deals. Milwaukee tools, BBQ supplies and kayaking gear is much better priced.

Fleet farm definitely expanded but so did their pricing.

Reactions: sab
Blaine’s has the better deals. Milwaukee tools, BBQ supplies and kayaking gear is much better priced.

Fleet farm definitely expanded but so did their pricing.

I'll have to give Farm and Fleet another chance next time I'm up there. We have a Murdoch's Ranch & Home nearby that is a western version of the Farm/Fleet stores. Most of their stores are in mountain states, but they recently came down here with a handful of stores. Not quite as good, but pretty close. I've bought some Milwaukee stuff there at good sale prices.

Reactions: Apparition
I don't know of any seller who would have to ship one of those who wouldn't have to do the same thing. For that kind of gasket I'd buy it locally.

RockAuto's never done that to me, and I have a stack of magnet stickers that would rival the one Mr. Blaine was giving away some time ago.