Fog Light Help

Irishguy

TJ Enthusiast
I call myself checking the fuses in the engine compartment and didn't see any that were obviously blown. Which one in particular is the one for the fog lights? They weren't labeled.
If you plug the factory lights in do they still work? Mine weren’t working when I bought my Jeep but once I cleaned out the connnectors with electrical cleaner they came right on.

I call myself checking the fuses in the engine compartment and didn't see any that were obviously blown. Which one in particular is the one for the fog lights? They weren't labeled.
Yep I was talking about the fuse panel behind the glove box and also the underhood PDC as well. I'm actually in the middle of installing fog lights as well but trying to mate with the factory switch/wiring. Getting to be a challenge but I really haven't given it my full attention yet.

Yep I was talking about the fuse panel behind the glove box and also the underhood PDC as well. I'm actually in the middle of installing fog lights as well but trying to mate with the factory switch/wiring. Getting to be a challenge but I really haven't given it my full attention yet.
I'll be installing fog lights soon too and want to use the factory switch to activate a relay supplied with my KC lights. Please post how you wire yours. Thanks

OK. So I pulled the glove box and indeed the 20 amp fuse was blown. OK, this will be easy. So I pulled the fuse and replaced it with one of the spares, turned the lights on and then flipped the fog light switch and I hear a "Pop." Sure enough they are blowing the fuse as soon as I turn them on.

I checked to make sure I had them hooked up right. However it's impossible to hook them up wrong. With the adapters, there's only one way to hook them up.

Any suggestions? Relay maybe?

I think I may get Quadratech on the phone, maybe the lights are defective or need something else to work properly. Silly me for thinking I got a "deal" on some lights that were going to be plug and play.

EDIT: So I looked back over the instructions again (Which I didn't pay too much attention to at first, because they are for a complete wiring of the lights from scratch, which I don't have) and the instructions show a 30/40 amp fuse and holder in the optional wiring harness. However the lights are 55 watts, which I assumed would be good for the stock wiring harness, since Quadratech doesn't warn anyone of anything different and instead sells adapters for just that installation.

So perhaps my only option now it would seem would be to re-wire the entire thing and if I'm going to do that, well Hell, I'll just buy some more powerful lights. The whole point of these were that they were cheap replacements for my stock, broken lights.

Last edited:
It sounds like you have a hot lead going to ground, either thru an internal short or a mixed polarity harness issue. Have you disconnected the new gear and engaged the switch? That at least would help you isolate the portion that’s blowing the fuse.

It sounds like you have a hot lead going to ground, either thru an internal short or a mixed polarity harness issue. Have you disconnected the new gear and engaged the switch? That at least would help you isolate the portion that’s blowing the fuse.

So you're saying disconnect the lights. Replace the fuse. Flip the switch to the on position.

If the fuse blows, then it's probably a short in the original wiring, but if it doesn't blow, then it's something in the new lights themselves like the wires are reversed?