For all of us with two wheels also

FEB8953B-BE50-4DB5-9209-878EB9E80722.jpeg

1CA8664E-1F86-44A1-93ED-D57DA4E4E7CC.jpeg

D9DD3D35-80FF-4BD1-8F5C-6C42AE57D2E2.jpeg

9CA7CC2A-10C0-4BCE-B64B-F0E5F46DD62F.jpeg

Got the front wheel built for the Gitane today.
51948284236_943e9f6b20_z.jpg

Almost didn't happen as the hoop has 32 holes and the track hub I planned on using had 36 holes. Just as well I didn't use the hub as the bearing cones were shot. Dug in my stash and found a brand new 32 hole hub that I don't ever recall buying. C'est la vie, got my wheel built.

Reactions: WestCoastDan
I've got to give credit to all my amputee buddies who still ride. They come up with some crazy ideas.

LAKA since 2013 - where do you mount your camera when you're riding?

1647890051440.png

Got the pup to sit in the sidecar yesterday.
51953001311_4426199b66_z.jpg

No riding yet as he's just not too sure about this weird machine. I'm not rushing him, baby steps. Once he figures out that it's like riding in the back of the LJ but with the wind in his face, I'll have a hard time keeping him out. Especially after that first ice cream ride.

Check out the Dalton Highway between Fairbanks and Prudhoe Bay… definitely not a good road to pull a trailer 😱

I had to camp to afford the trip 🤓
I have a buddy who rode his Road Glide to Prudhoe Bay. Definitely a trip I'd like to try at some point.

I rode in a pickup & a motorhome cross-country, through Canada and up the Alcan back in the early 80's.
I'm not sure I would want to take my Harley on that route.
I drove the Alcan in 1981. It was a interesting experience. Even met a lady on the trip that I rescued. Her mom's VW broke down. So I towed it and her mom & brother & her to Fairbanks. A little cramped with 4 people in the cab of my Chevy pickup. But she had to sit next to me.
Good brownie points 👉

The Alcan is smooth as glass now… north of Fairbanks is a whole different story.
If the Dalton Hwy/Hall Rd is dry, it’s 500 miles of a gravel road that will eat the paint off your ride, not to mention the bullets that are shot from the occasional truck that passes at breakneck speeds.
If it’s wet… well that’s a whole new kind of adventure on two wheels. The road turns to slime with ruts that will swallow a small car 😂 Fortunately we only hit about 100 miles of wet, it can be the whole 500 at times and that I would not want to try on two wheels.

Put it on your bucket list
37FCE847-4B4A-4640-82A9-430B369D1DD9.jpeg

The Alcan is smooth as glass now… north of Fairbanks is a whole different story.
If the Dalton Hwy/Hall Rd is dry, it’s 500 miles of a gravel road that will eat the paint off your ride, not to mention the bullets that are shot from the occasional truck that passes at breakneck speeds.
If it’s wet… well that’s a whole new kind of adventure on two wheels. The road turns to slime with ruts that will swallow a small car 😂 Fortunately we only hit about 100 miles of wet, it can be the whole 500 at times and that I would not want to try on two wheels.

Put it on your bucket list
View attachment 318184
Sweet ride. Can’t beat an RS for that trip.