For all of us with two wheels also

Don’t buy cheap bearings.
54GaR9Z.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Wildman
No matter what you ride; wear your gear.
Helmet.JPG

I was clipped by a hit & run driver last Tuesday on the way home from work.
I almost wore a half-helmet because it was such a nice day.

More of a major inconvenience than anything else.
1 broken collarbone, 4 broken ribs, 1 broken pinky finger, 1 jammed wrist, 1 night in the hospital, 1 ruined helmet, 1 damaged bike, and 1 pissed off wife who will now likely object to my future riding.

This same freeway has tried to kill me twice now.

View attachment 435999

1 broken collarbone, 4 broken ribs, 1 broken pinky finger, 1 jammed wrist, 1 night in the hospital, 1 ruined helmet, 1 damaged bike, and 1 pissed off wife who will now likely object to my future riding.

Damn man, get better. All those things are replaceable, even the wife if need be.

View attachment 435999

It's like a plane crash. Being alive is still a win

Leaving the scene.....
An accident is easily forgiven, leaving the scene makes it an attempt on your life. That needs to be answered.

View attachment 435999

Glad it wasn't worse. Those hit and run folks are right down there with thieves. Scum bags!

Reactions: WestCoastDan
View attachment 435999

DAMN.... I've had my fair share of close calls but haven't "yet" been clipped or ran into. Sorry to hear about this and glad you're still with us all.
Heal up fast and hope you can convince the wife it's still OK to be on two wheels. Don't ask me for relationship advice since my track record isn't that GOOD.

Reactions: WestCoastDan
DAMN.... I've had my fair share of close calls but haven't "yet" been clipped or ran into. Sorry to hear about this and glad you're still with us all.
Heal up fast and hope you can convince the wife it's still OK to be on two wheels. Don't ask me for relationship advice since my track record isn't that GOOD.

After reading the accident report, and realizing that my injuries are not really that bad, she's backed away from the "I'm not sure that I want you to ride anymore" stance.
I'll be back in the saddle as soon as the bike and I are fixed.

I'm no relationship expert either, but since I'm on wife #3 now I must be getting better at it.
There will not be a wife #4... this is the last one.

After reading the accident report, and realizing that my injuries are not really that bad, she's backed away from the "I'm not sure that I want you to ride anymore" stance.
I'll be back in the saddle as soon as the bike and I are fixed.

I'm no relationship expert either, but since I'm on wife #3 now I must be getting better at it.
There will not be a wife #4... this is the last one.

I made it to #4 before deciding to quit trying. As a good friend tells me all the time "Your Picker is Broken" .

Glad to hear you'll be back on two soon enough. Take care and heal up. Don't push it.

I wish I could get Buster dog in my sidecar but that’s a big Nope on his part. Nothing less than four wheels for him.
(There is a large ATV moving into Cheesy Manor at the end of the month, maybe I can get him on it.)

OoFOXZ6l.jpg

Dragged the above home yesterday. It’s a Dyno Crestline tandem. Not a Schwinn Twinn bottom feeder but not Burley Duet, either. But, just right for hauling Mr and Mrs Cheesy around campgrounds.

We are also picking up a toy hauler on Saturday. So this and the kayak can come along.

My current lineup of 3 bikes
113ci S&S Custom Prostreet w/blue flame custom airbrush
Sold my 05 Hayabusa 1300R I got new and finally decided no more speed bikes.
LFmV8qoh.jpg

0gxH2bEh.jpg

106ci Victory Magnum = bagger for long rides
wA64aerh.jpg

117ci S&S Big Dog K9 -
Just sold my Harley CVO Breakout and bought another Chopper.
ffCgSTqh.jpg

22JnHcCh.jpg

Had my Hayabusa & Harley Wide Glide concurrently since 2005/06 for many years.
Then I traded the Wide Glide for a CVO breakout for just 2 years, but wasn't big enough
wuClW0Zh.jpg

QmuWvVbh.jpg

My all time favorite speed bike, but had to get rid of it to stay outta trouble after 12 years.
e7rAN7Ih.jpg