Fouledplug's 2006 Jeep Wrangler "Golden Eagle"

Been day dreaming about my TJ all day long. Cant wait to get out of the middle east, get back home, and put some parts on her.

And because I’m a picture whore...

Last edited:
Reactions: JMT
What parts?

2.5 springs, bumps, track bars, coil correction, low-pro trans mount, wheels and tires. I might pull the axles and get them sand blasted, powder coated, and slide them back under there. Think Davis Auto, those suckers look brand new like they came from an aftermarket axle manufacture.

Gotta do some YJ stuff first and foremost.

Last edited:
Reactions: JMT
2.5 springs, bumps, track bars, coil correction, low-pro trans mount, wheels and tires. I might pull the axles and get them sand blasted, powder coated, and slide them back under there. Think Davis Auto, those suckers look brand new like they came from an aftermarket axle manufacture.

Gotta do some YJ stuff first and foremost.
Are you still overseas?

Back in the States. Focused on purchasing a home, got a lot of Jeep parts and boxes stacking up around the Jeep in storage.
Man you got a blank slate of a TJ.

What coil correction kit did u get?
I hate looking at my crooked springs when I get in my Jeep everyday driving to work.
I’m talking to my uncle to see if I can convince him weld something up for me. The kits look very simple to build from scrap steel.

Wow talk about low mileage I thought mine was low when I bought it in 2013. Yours looks like it was stuck in a time capsule or sitting on the showroom floor at the dealer for years, very nice find

IMG_0254_zpsb08f1d42.JPG

Reactions: Fouledplugs
In an effort to find some wheels as, "place holders," while I attempt to sell my Golden Eagle gold painted ravine wheels, I went cheap (China) for some Rubicon Moab knockoffs.
Let's just say I know a guy who hooked me up with some brand new clones.

My goal is to install these as placeholders, sell the golden eagle wheels, and then purchase NOS machined finish Moabs from Mopar or one of the OEM warehouses online. I hope they are still around in a few months. if not, ill have some regular silver painted Rubicon Moabs machined myself, essentially converting them to what I think looks better on a clean TJ.
69CBDF81-7DF7-4703-A963-B05D3F564333.jpeg
E62B0833-1A3F-4704-8DFE-6FF949C14F9C.jpeg
346C9F94-C7C5-4EF8-9840-5F94DCF584CC.jpeg

In an effort to find some wheels as, "place holders," while I attempt to sell my Golden Eagle gold painted ravine wheels, I went cheap (China) for some Rubicon Moab knockoffs.
Let's just say I know a guy who hooked me up with some brand new clones.

My goal is to install these as placeholders, sell the golden eagle wheels, and then purchase NOS machined finish Moabs from Mopar or one of the OEM warehouses online. I hope they are still around in a few months. if not, ill have some regular silver painted Rubicon Moabs machined myself, essentially converting them to what I think looks better on a clean TJ.
View attachment 132365View attachment 132366View attachment 132367
A97B42CA-9F83-4AA5-A16F-3EC2EFFB3D8B.jpeg
CDB047C4-675A-4485-A0B5-74D61EECA40C.jpeg
These would look great on there.

I would love to see them on mine, later in my build, maybe I, or you can find some and throw them on to see how they look.
More rare to find them in the 4.5 inch bolt pattern though. It seems to be getting tougher and tougher. The true gold mine would to be find some early AEV's for a TJ/LJ bolt pattern and built prior to their departure from manufacturing in the USA. Once they made the move to China, they have issues with wheels cracking.

I really love the fact that they protected the valve stem.

Reactions: taylormade73
I would love to see them on mine, later in my build, maybe I, or you can find some and throw them on to see how they look.
More rare to find them in the 4.5 inch bolt pattern though. It seems to be getting tougher and tougher. The true gold mine would to be find some early AEV's for a TJ/LJ bolt pattern and built prior to their departure from manufacturing in the USA. Once they made the move to China, they have issues with wheels cracking.

I really love the fact that they protected the valve stem.
Yep. Those were probably made right next to AEVs batch in the same plant in China. $950 for 5 wasn’t terrible haha.

It also seem that the Quadratec Moab clones don't exactly match the detail in finish as the USA made genuine Rubicon Moabs. The machined surface doesn't seem as, "deep." it could be the amount of clear that is on the Quadratec clones, but they definitely do not seem to be match the quality in finish as the genuine Moabs.

I will compare in a few months when I have both sets on hand.

Davis autosports has made their own Moabs and they look great. Very close to OEM. Better back spacing also so no spacers are needed. I’m not sure if they are 16” or 17” tho.

I did not know that, I will check the Davis wheels out. I may have to settle for the MR1X's (Click here for a link to wheels) since they come in a 15 inch wheel which is much more desirable wheel size for the TJ and the tire selection.

Pro's:
  • 15 inch wheel, 15X8 to be exact.
  • Replicates the genuine Rubicon Moab.
  • 4.5 inches of backspacing.
Con's:
  • Doesn't replicate the exact dimensions of the genuine Moab, "spokes." The width of the spoke is off a bit IIRC.
  • Dosent come in a machined finish option.

The machined finish is something I can handle myself.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/confused-on-moab-wheel-finishes.9684/

Attached below is a set of genuine Rubicon Moabs that were factory painted in silver. They were put on the lathe and given a machined finish on the spokes. Before being put on the lathe, they were stripped of their original silver paint and repainted a deep gloss black, black barrels and black between and behind the spokes was the paint optioned for these.
2B9EFAC2-7C8B-4307-8A19-0C0DEA1417F8.jpeg
A167060D-34A8-4229-A0BE-E5AAD955E8B0.jpeg
DCDB1937-B4C7-41B4-8275-24A48A961692.jpeg
00C42289-0A8B-4B5F-84AE-0922F4095B94.jpeg

This Jeep is absolutely beautiful and I'm not sure I could bring myself to modify it. What a find! (y)

Reactions: Fouledplugs