Found a stash of NOS Half Tops

Mahmoud Ezzeldin

Hello TJs,

I came across this Half Hard Top and thought they could be useful to Jeep owners around the globe. Apparently there is a whole NOS stash of them and maybe someone here would be interested in the taking the whole lot or even piece by piece.
Attached are the photos of the Top. Any clues about the manufacturer. Notice the smaller sized rear window, might be Middle Eastern specs for this heat we have in Egypt.
Let me know if there would be interest and we can surely work out something beneficial for all ends.
Turbo

WhatsApp Image 2018-05-31 at 1.22.31 PM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2018-05-30 at 11.35.09 PM (1).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2018-05-30 at 11.35.09 PM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2018-05-30 at 11.35.10 PM (1).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2018-05-30 at 11.35.11 PM (3).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2018-05-30 at 11.35.11 PM (2).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2018-05-30 at 11.35.11 PM.jpeg

I began with the CJ8 Scrambler Forums and groups, but owners saw the roof latches and said TJ right away.
I am always open for more opinion, I am always learning

Ah, ok. I thought the Scrambler versions had latches as well?!?! Did any of the tops have the bottom bulkhead piece as well? Anyhow, good luck with the sale!

It would look similar to this after factory bulkhead, its the part that goes beneath the hard top:
tjb08-s-sb.jpg

Hello TJs,

I came across this Half Hard Top and thought they could be useful to Jeep owners around the globe. Apparently there is a whole NOS stash of them and maybe someone here would be interested in the taking the whole lot or even piece by piece.
Attached are the photos of the Top. Any clues about the manufacturer. Notice the smaller sized rear window, might be Middle Eastern specs for this heat we have in Egypt.
Let me know if there would be interest and we can surely work out something beneficial for all ends.
Turbo

View attachment 42828 View attachment 42829 View attachment 42830 View attachment 42831 View attachment 42833 View attachment 42834 View attachment 42836

Any idea on prices+shipping?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any idea on prices+shipping?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As their conditions varry, and some have chipped edge bits, corners or missing latches. Prices are 700 to 1000 $ per . Will have to run a survey on all the tops and take photos, number the and asses the damages.
Shipping will varry depending on your location and amount shipped.
Send me a pm and we can take it from there

Are they fiberglass? I'd need to absolutely sure they fit a TJ before spending that kind of money on something that likely couldn't be returned. Love the idea of having one, though. I would think creating a bulkhead would be challenging, but not impossible.

Are they fiberglass? I'd need to absolutely sure they fit a TJ before spending that kind of money on something that likely couldn't be returned. Love the idea of having one, though. I would think creating a bulkhead would be challenging, but not impossible.
Bulkhead is basic. Set the top in place, get after it with cardboard, tape, scissors and hack one up out of aluminum or 1/4" ABS. Rivet, screw, or bolt angle to the sides to bolt to the inner fender and bottom of the top, caulk or foam gasket the sides to seal out dirt and water where you can't put fasteners.

Reactions: Steven_Olson
Ah, ok. I thought the Scrambler versions had latches as well?!?! Did any of the tops have the bottom bulkhead piece as well? Anyhow, good luck with the sale!
The door opening is very reminiscent of the back part of the door opening on a TJ hard top plus being in Egypt, I suspect they are from the Military version of the TJ their military uses or used.

They are fiber glass and I believe they will be easy to fix. We will probably do and demo car in Egypt soon. One top gone! Will keep you updated.

The door opening is very reminiscent of the back part of the door opening on a TJ hard top plus being in Egypt, I suspect they are from the Military version of the TJ their military uses or used.

Found this, the same top here but in black, althought cant be sure without photos from different angles. https://www.epicos.com/company/13198/aoi scroll through the images in the middle of this page you will find a half top TJ.