Found a tag on the TJ

01browce

Supporting Member
Replaced valve cover gasket and bumper on my neighbors 2005. Found this tag. Its not important but was just wondering if anyone knows what it was about or from. Thanks
20230521_121308.jpg

I don’t know the details but I think that is common to the TJ. I think mine peaks out from under the front grill.

Mine has it under the radiator.

I noticed it when I was installing my Spartan Helical LSD in the front axle.

That is the body tag.

On a side note, some people like to claim that "LJ" is a made up term that was invented by enthusiasts. However, LJs have "LJ" written in the exact same spot where "TJ" would be written on the tag. Basically it's a body designation.

Reactions: 2001slvrstntj
That is the body tag.

On a side note, some people like to claim that "LJ" is a made up term that was invented by enthusiasts. However, LJs have "LJ" written in the exact same spot where "TJ" would be written on the tag. Basically it's a body designation.

And if you paid attention to these discussions, you would know there is no consistency on which is printed there. Nor did Jeep ever use the code LJ to ever distinguish an Unlimited from a not-Unlimited. We do not know what the LJ stamp is for.

That is the body tag.

If it were a body designation, it would be in the parts section for the TJ at the dealerships when they used it to look up parts. TJ is the body code, 77 is SWB, 78 is the LWB. There is no LJ designation in the computer, period.

Reactions: 97' 4 Popper
And if you paid attention to these discussions, you would know there is no consistency on which is printed there. Nor did Jeep ever use the code LJ to ever distinguish an Unlimited from a not-Unlimited. We do not know what the LJ stamp is for.

Since it exists no other place than on that tag, the best you could ever call it is the label for that tag to go on the TJ 78.