Found ARB front bumper

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found a boat anchor, too!
Screenshot_20230919_143531_Facebook.jpg

The real question I have is why would someone put something that heavy and obtrusive on the front of their TJ?

Even if you don't rock crawl, there are far better (and lighter) options out there than that boat anchor of a front bumper.

What blows my mind even more is what these things cost when they were brand new.

I guess it goes to show that just because you tack a brand name onto it like ARB doesn't mean it's going to be a well designed product.

• Haha
Reactions: Head Lice
maybe i miss understood the humor on this site? 🤷‍♂️

I thought some people were really into that bumper? or was it the warn.

ehh

I never understood the appeal of the ARB bumper. It's very big and very heavy and very obtrusive, both physically and aesthetically. Some people are into that.

ARB. Australia, right? I always kinda thought the size was for protection against ‘roo strikes…

😉

maybe i miss understood the humor on this site? 🤷‍♂️

I thought some people were really into that bumper? or was it the warn.

ehh

Oh no, people are into it and to those who are, that's fine.

I'm just pointing out the fact that that bumper is somewhere close to 90 lbs. and offers absolutely nothing that a much better bumper doesn't offer.

People are either buying it for the brand name, the look, or both. From a performance aspect it's probably one of the worst bumpers you could buy.

The ARB front bumper protects the fenders and allows better approach angles than stock positioned bumpers. ARB stuff is designed for true Roo protection which makes them heavy but hell for stout. They also require surgery to use with Anti-Rock sway bar. Would've bought one if it wasn't for the weight and surgery required.

Status
Not open for further replies.