Fox 2.0 Reservoir Adjustable Shocks

Yes, in your case with the stock shock mounts, I would go with an off-the-shelf lower priced shock (i.e. Rancho RS5000X shocks).

I say that because the Fox shocks aren't cheap, and if you plan to outboard, to have to buy new shocks once you outboard will be a big waste of money.

So in my mind, the biggest disadvantage of installing those shocks with your stock shock mounts will be that you will end up having to buy expensive shocks twice. I paid $1100 if I recall for my shocks, and I would hate to have to drop that money twice, especially when I could get Rancho RS5000X shocks for $200, then toss them when I outboard.

But if you want to spend that kind of money twice, then I guess you have nothing to lose, at which point I would go for it.

Maybe @pcoplin has some input on this one as well, since he's the shock master.
Just wondering why you can't reuse the old shocks when you outboard, can you not just take them off and set them aside? then install them again?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I am very new to this, and just started doing research on what I want to do to my TJ, and have never done anything with suspension on any car.

Just wondering why you can't reuse the old shocks when you outboard, can you not just take them off and set them aside? then install them again?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I am very new to this, and just started doing research on what I want to do to my TJ.
As part of the outboard, you would be/should be changing the lower mount.

Reactions: Chris
Here’s what the outboard tower construct looks like.

0D8D5C60-217C-4894-9314-D3DBA3D91D51.jpeg

E6ECA1FD-7610-42BE-85BE-A15ADCF0EBC1.jpeg

I assume you plan to outboard the shock towers and then install these? If not, it's a complete waste of money.

I ran them on my TJ with outboard shock towers and had 12" travel shocks in the rear and 11" travel shocks in the front. I had mine tuned by @pcoplin and absolutely loved the way they road. I never got a chance to take it anywhere big off-road, but on-road they road absolutely amazing.

Like I said though, unless you're outboarding the shocks at the same time, it's not worth spending the money.
Hi
do you know the shims rebound/compression
combination to the right setup
thanks