Frameless soft top question

Thanks for all the feedback everyone, I'm just finding it so hard to decide lol. The reason I want to ditch the hardtop is because it requires two people to take it on and off and I need a garage to store it when not in use. I want to be able to have a full roof for long trips in case the weather turns, but have the freedom of being able to go fully topless whenever I want, even away from home. I'm just not sure if that's viable with a frameless top, because I'm yet to see how much of my boot it would really take up, considering I have the backseat removed but could be carrying all my camping gear. What I really need to see is what size box or bag the whole soft top can be rolled up into and if it then could be stored in the back of the Jeep, if anyone can help there that would be greatly appreciated.

I could probably stuff mine in a 18gal/68.1 L rubbermaid tote. My windows also dont remove, so mine is all connected and single piece of fabric and plastic.

Reactions: Hammer24
Thanks that helps a tonne, I guess that would work but wouldn't be ideal hmmm

Honestly, I have had all the options. Hard top (appealing the wife) and frameless on my current jeep, and a framed soft top on my old SE. I pick frameless hands down. The looks alone is worth it for me. It makes me love the jeep even more. Mine is a 10 year old best top with non removable window. You get a more flexible fabric with removable windows and you are able to save some room. Also not having the frame hardware and bunched fabric on the rear end is also a plus. Going topless looks really clean.

Side by side shape comparision

Reactions: Equilibrium31
Pretty sure that is the Smittybilt one. The pockets in front are neat.
well, that works for me then :) i think i had the rampage picked out, but she liked the pockets better on this one. so smittybuilt rings a bell. and i vaguely remember walking around on Christmas saying shi**ybuilt :)