Freeway driving: TJ doesn't want to go faster than 75 mph

Dude. Your not getting it. Stop being defensive. Admit your mistake. And move one. Simple as that. He's not trying to make you feel or look bad. Just a fact. Don't mess with your phone while driving. Someone could end up dead. Including you. He's showing you compassion. Not being a jerk.
I do get it. I don't condone the use of phones while driving and I am guilty of this from time to time. But I don't appreciate being singled out when other members post pictures while driving, or even videos of them driving to identify sounds.

I posted something to help with reference, not to be called a liar and get put on public blast. My brother did take that photo. I would never attempt that at freeway speeds.

Reactions: TJ Starting
@Jeffreybomb I’m sorry for being a dick. It’s just what I do when I feel like people are trying to personally get at me in any way. I understand the importance of road safety and I wouldn’t ever try to take a picture of me driving doing highway speeds.

5th is ONLY for overdrive and has absolutely no power, it just lowers your rpm while maintaining cruising speed above 55mph.

5th is ONLY for overdrive and has absolutely no power, it just lowers your rpm while maintaining cruising speed above 55mph.

Can you provide an example of a transmission, tire size and axle gear? Mine has enough power at 55mph to get out of it's own way in OD.

Can you provide an example of a transmission, tire size and axle gear? Mine has enough power at 55mph to get out of it's own way in OD.
Yeah, its called 42 years of driving experience in a standard transmission. Tire size, axle, gearing has no bearing on 5th being designed to be an "overdrive" gear only, you're not supposed to have any power in 5th.

Yeah, its called 42 years of driving experience in a standard transmission. Tire size, axle, gearing has no bearing on 5th being designed to be an "overdrive" gear only, you're not supposed to have any power in 5th.
The question still applies. If we are "not supposed to have any power in overdrive", then what are the real criteria for an axle regear? Should we not be taking the transmission into consideration?

If you're trying to re-gear and get power out of 5th, then you really don't understand what 5th is there for to begin with. 5th will always just be an overdrive gear in the 4cyl.

Reactions: pagrey
If you're trying to re-gear and get power out of 5th, then you really don't understand what 5th is there for to begin with. 5th will always just be an overdrive gear in the 4cyl.

You are avoiding the question.