SOLD Front Currie Antirock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lou

Don’t drink the koolaid
Supporting Member
Price
This has been on my jeep for 5 years. Looking for a local sale at this time.

C6AF62B7-AA4E-47B9-B3D8-E3C1F681DC5A.jpeg

Reactions: JMT
Could you elaborate on this, does the sway loc out perform the anti rock ?
On the road, you can lock the Sway Loc so it has less body roll than the AR. FWIW I run an Antirock, like many others, and have no issue with how it performs on road. As far as off-road, they both do the same thing.

Given the choice between retail price on a Sway Loc and this AR, I would choose the AR.

Reactions: starkey480
On the road, you can lock the Sway Loc so it has less body roll than the AR. FWIW I run an Antirock, like many others, and have no issue with how it performs on road. As far as off-road, they both do the same thing.

Given the choice between retail price on a Sway Loc and this AR, I would choose the AR.
Yeah price has been the issue for me. Seeing them re sell on here for almost retail value. Ill continue to disconnect my JKS's lol

@Lou FYI FedEx has a flat rate tube that it should fit in 38" long. I believe it was something around $35 when I shipped out my control arms. (just to open your market up a bit)

@Lou FYI FedEx has a flat rate tube that it should fit in 38" long. I believe it was something around $35 when I shipped out my control arms. (just to open your market up a bit)
Thanks for that. I have a pending local sale. If that falls through I’m happy to ship at buyers expense.

Reactions: Alex01
I've got the teraflex s/t dual rate sway bar. Very similar to the sway loc I believe. I just turn a knob for trail for the inner light torsion rod, or lock it to the heavy outer bar for the street. Always connected though.

Thanks for mentioning it though!

And that reminds me, I need to go put a little lube on the knob setup.

Reactions: DrDmoney and Alex01
@Lou Out of curiosity, how much of a b*tch was it to remove the white plastic collar pieces out of the front crossmember?

@Lou Out of curiosity, how much of a b*tch was it to remove the white plastic collar pieces out of the front crossmember?
Not that bad at all. Push the antirock bar in on one side, Use a dead blow to smack the bushing out using the bar from the other side. I used the antirock bar to remove both bushings, but it would probably be even easier once you get that first bushing out to just use a larger pipe to smack the last bushing out straight.

The swayloc bushings are alot softer than the anti rock bushings and they went in way easier than i remember my antirock bushings going in.

As far as the white bushing, the instructions say the bushings may need "massaging" for an 05 or 06 model. I would say it was much more than massaging for my 06. It took quite a while to remove the right amount of material to get them in.

I've got the teraflex s/t dual rate sway bar. Very similar to the sway loc I believe. I just turn a knob for trail for the inner light torsion rod, or lock it to the heavy outer bar for the street. Always connected though.

Thanks for mentioning it though!

And that reminds me, I need to go put a little lube on the knob setup.
We all need a little lube every once in a while.

Reactions: BlueChip
As far as the white bushing, the instructions say the bushings may need "massaging" for an 05 or 06 model. I would say it was much more than massaging for my 06. It took quite a while to remove the right amount of material to get them in.
We've been knocking the sharp corner off at the edges of the flat for many years so it isn't just the 05-06.

I had to do more than know the sharp corner off. At RockJock they told me for some reason the 05/06 tube just is not as consistent as the earlier frames.

I
I just installed the new design, which came with BLACK bushings. Instructions said the same about my 06, but they went in with ease (well rubber mallet) and no "massaging" needed.

Reactions: Alex01
Status
Not open for further replies.