Front mount mirrors with doors off

got CJ mirrors on my YJ's hinges
cWWj9sy.jpg

i run these all the time. Doors on doors off.
mirrors

This ^^^^. Sort of. I use a Franken-Mirror setup. The quick release brackets linked above are permanent on the A-Pillar. I replaced the star headed thumb screw with a standard bolt. I've shortened the arms a bit to pull the mirror closer to the body. Replaced the mirror with a 4x6 convex mirror. Removed the factory mirrors from the doors.

No problem seeing both side mirrors with doors on or off. I've been using the convex mirror on my past three Wranglers and have come to love them.

Before removing the thumb screw. Only one screw holds the base to the A-Pillar and with the rubber backing it is absolutely secure. Doesn't vibrate or move at all....
2022-03-21 TJ Mirrors 04.jpg

2022-03-21 TJ Mirrors 02-Edit.jpg

This ^^^^. Sort of. I use a Franken-Mirror setup. The quick release brackets linked above are permanent on the A-Pillar. I replaced the star headed thumb screw with a standard bolt. I've shortened the arms a bit to pull the mirror closer to the body. Replaced the mirror with a 4x6 convex mirror. Removed the factory mirrors from the doors.

No problem seeing both side mirrors with doors on or off. I've been using the convex mirror on my past three Wranglers and have come to love them.

Before removing the thumb screw. Only one screw holds the base to the A-Pillar and with the rubber backing it is absolutely secure. Doesn't vibrate or move at all....
View attachment 344985

View attachment 344986

I have the same mounting on my mirrors, but run round mirrors...minimalist when it comes to side mirrors. The only thing is make sure you have good door limit straps otherwise you will be adjusting the mirrors everytime the door opens too wide. I like mine and won't be going back the door mounted mirrors.

I have the same mounting on my mirrors, but run round mirrors...minimalist when it comes to side mirrors. The only thing is make sure you have good door limit straps otherwise you will be adjusting the mirrors everytime the door opens too wide. I like mine and won't be going back the door mounted mirrors.

Agree with this. I made a set of straps with 1" webbing. I have a little less than 1/2" of clearance between door and mirror.

I have been looking at the round mirrors, solely for the aesthetics. I would do the convex mirrors again as I have become accustomed to the wide filed of view. Just haven't found the right mirror. 5" round?