Fuel line help

RockDog

Good afternoon,

I’m having a fuel leak in my 97 4.0. In the engine bay, there’s a fuel line that connects to the fuel rail. It’s a stainless steel line, and then it’s a short rubber line, and then it connects to the fuel rail. The small rubber part is dry rotted and leaking.

Does anyone know what size rubber hose/clamps I need? Or where I can get it? I hope I’m explaining this well…. I really need it replaced! Leaking gas is scary to me.

Reactions: Vali Jo
Good afternoon,

I’m having a fuel leak in my 97 4.0. In the engine bay, there’s a fuel line that connects to the fuel rail. It’s a stainless steel line, and then it’s a short rubber line, and then it connects to the fuel rail. The small rubber part is dry rotted and leaking.

Does anyone know what size rubber hose/clamps I need? Or where I can get it? I hope I’m explaining this well…. I really need it replaced! Leaking gas is scary to me.

any auto parts store should have what you need.

I would just buy another line and fix it properly. Please remember this is a high pressure line. I have attached a pic of the line in question. They are all over ebay .

Screenshot_20231223_092529_eBay.jpg

I’ve replaced the fuel line, and now whenever I start the Jeep, it backfires from the exhaust. It’s like a gunshot. I don’t know what to do, and I don’t really have any ideas. Could it be air in the fuel line?

You say it ran for an hour, was it backfiring the entire time? We need more info on the symptoms I think.

I realize this is an older post but I am looking for this exact part. I have not been successful in finding one for my 4.0. What search term did you use to find this?
Any help would be appreciated.
TIA

Last edited:
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
The e-bay link sadly is for the 4 cylinder. :( I have the 4.0L - 6 Cylinder motor. However, that is EXACTLY what I need.

It says 4.0. You may have clicked on it before I edited it.
There are several on ebay that look like that.
Not sure if it has to be your specific year.
Rockauto shows this part number. Mopar 52127502
YRMV

It says 4.0. You may have clicked on it before I edited it.
There are several on ebay that look like that.
Not sure if it has to be your specific year.
Rockauto shows this part number. Mopar 52127502
YRMV

I must have clicked too soon. I am afraid the one in the photo doesn't look too far behind the one on my Jeep right now. :( As far as the Rockauto number, I believe that is for the main fuel line that runs from the tank to the frame. However, I will keep looking.