Fuel pump location

Big-Al

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I ran into issues and think I determined that the fuel pump needs to be changed. Jeep is an '06. Is there any tutorials or instructions that anyone knows of so I can replace it myself?

Thanks

If you use the search function, you should find 100's of posts about it. You're going to have to drop the fuel tank. It's in the top.

First, avoid any cheap or store brand fuel pumps, they do not hold up for long. I'd go strictly with a Bosch who was the OEM manufacturer for the fuel pump in your 06 TJ. And the fuel filter is built into the fuel pump assembly, it has a very large surface area and is considered a lifetime filter. It does not normally ever need to be replaced.

This is the one I'd go with, it is the correct model for your 06... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BZGCWY/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Yes it's more expensive than you can find at your local auto parts store but replacing the fuel pump assembly is not a quick easy job so I'd go for the Bosch so you don't have to worry about premature failure like is so common with cheap or store brands.