GAIA GPS price increase

matkal

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Premium is going up from $40 to $60, still cheaper than OnX at $100(?) for premium or whatever they call it with private property maps. That's quite a jump and there's a lot of talk about ppl canceling, you would think they could've gone up $10.

Reactions: MichaelGH
Not too long ago, a company would be committing suicide by operating on a subscription basis. Now it’s a norm. :(

Unfortunately, you are correct. Expensive subscriptions became the norm with the advent of the smartphone. Then Adobe jumped onto the idea, Micro$oft followed, then it became a tidal wave. If people would just say NO! to this nonsense, it wouldn't have caught on - but a fool and his money are soon parted, and Americans as a group are fools.

Reactions: MaximusLJR06
I cancelled mine because of the jump.

I'm also looking for something else, but haven't yet put a lot of time into finding something.

Reactions: MichaelGH
I’ve never tried these apps, so I can’t help but wonder why folks are cancelling? Seems like a trivial amount of money if a tool is helpful.

I assume the issue revolves around lack of use, so it’s like throwing $60 in the wind?

I’ve never tried these apps, so I can’t help but wonder why folks are cancelling? Seems like a trivial amount of money if a tool is helpful.

I assume the issue revolves around lack of use, so it’s like throwing $60 in the wind?

When I signed up for OnX I did so with a 30% discount. I won't need it for a while so hopefully they'll offer me something to come back.

Unfortunately, you are correct. Expensive subscriptions became the norm with the advent of the smartphone. Then Adobe jumped onto the idea, Micro$oft followed, then it became a tidal wave. If people would just say NO! to this nonsense, it wouldn't have caught on - but a fool and his money are soon parted, and Americans as a group are fools.

HP is now selling printers that are subscription based too. Completely absurd that people are buying into it.

• Face Palm
  • Dislike
Reactions: matkal and Zorba
I'll likely re-subscribe to OnX if they offer me a discount before Junefest.

Ask, and you shall receive. Just got this in an email, and it's the biggest discount I've seen (they must be feeling all the people leaving):

1713456170612.png

(Note: I don't know why it says "Do Not Disturb On" there.)

Ask, and you shall receive. Just got this in an email, and it's the biggest discount I've seen (they must be feeling all the people leaving):

View attachment 519754

(Note: I don't know why it says "Do Not Disturb On" there.)

I logged in and renewed, they had a different code when I logged in but it worked. I got it for 50% off. Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: RangerTJ and sab
I recently signed up for the OnX using the 30% code to give it a try vs Gaia.

Good to hear that the coupon worked for renewals too.

I recently signed up for the OnX using the 30% code to give it a try vs Gaia.

Good to hear that the coupon worked for renewals too.

I turned off renewal last month. Tomorrow was my last day of paid service.

I went to the website, logged in, clicked the 50% off link at the bottom and paid, now I'm good until 4/18 of next year.

• Love
Reactions: sab and RangerTJ