Garage Floor Jack Recommendations?

Not to split hairs but with a lift height of 24"+, you could change a tire that was 49 1/2" tall. So, perhaps a bit more than needed.
My guess is that you use your floor jacks for more than changing tires, Blaine.

Edit: Ahhh, I see he was referring to using it in his rig. Gotcha...

damn. I wouldn't have guessed "like a pro eagle on the cheap" would still be effectively $400 ($180 for a 2 ton aluminum Pittsburgh and $200 for the 911M offroad conversion kit), but I didn't realize Pro Eagles were that much. Wild.
It's a lot more manageable if you already have one of the jacks

I haven't knowingly purchased anything except some basic crap from HF. Several years ago, someone dropped off a new one of those for me to use on their rig to help me get done a little faster since it is easier to dial in suspension with two floor jacks. I already had a high dollar OTC SUV Low profile 5200.

https://www.toolsource.com/service-jacks-c-1401_388/2ton-service-jack-ultralow-profile-p-107487.html

In short order, we found ourselves using the HF over the OTC because it was faster and easier to use. I figured that would be short lived since it wouldn't be long before we wore it out and issues would start showing up.

4 years later of daily use and it is still going strong. My helper did not fully grasp the fundamentals of jack use and was lifting a heavy load (within capacity) with the OTC. When the jack didn't roll with the load, the force on the edge folded the two lifting bars that hold the saddle square to the load. I repaired it better than new, but in the same time, the HF has been flawless and used more.
@mrblaine
Are you still using the HF Jack? Would you, or have you bought another?
If not can you recommend something you would buy?

My 40 year old Craftsman is leaking and I’m looking for a replacement.

The Craftsman served me well thru many years of side work.
It’s replacement will only be used on my personal vehicles.

Thank you

@mrblaine

Thank you
We wore one Daytona out and replaced it with two more.

@mrblaine

Thank you
Blaine already replied but if it helps to have another person’s additional input, then great. I’ve had the super duty for nearly 2 years. I’m sure I don’t use it as much as Blaine but it works great. I use it on my truck and Jeep.

My only complaints (very minor) are that:

1) the handle can be somewhat hard to twist counterclockwise to release the jack. My 7 year old Pittsburgh was never as tough as the super duty to release. I’m not sure why it is this way, and if maybe there’s something I could do to make it better, (grease or similar)I haven’t investigated. It’s not a real problem most of the time unless you have slippery greased up hands from whatever you’re doing. If that’s the case, good luck. Grab paper towels or something.

2) my other complaint is that for whatever reason, it’s a very common talking point on the internet that the Daytona is manufactured somewhat uneven, and ends up rolling on 3 wheels sometime. I don’t know why that is either, but mine matched exactly what others on the internet said too. It has not affected usage, so I don’t really care. Just found it interesting. It mostly rolls on 3 wheels unloaded but sometimes still loaded too.

Overall it’s a solid jack and it’s really not much more expensive than anything else, so I consider it worth buying. My 3 ton aluminum Pittsburgh from 7 years ago was $180 at the time. The Daytona is steel so it’s heavy, but it has better wheels than my Pitt had, and I don’t pick it up often so it’s a non issue.

Reactions: jgaz
I’ve had my Daytona for several years with no issues. It lifts my F250 just fine and the low profile fits under all my cars. I would definitely buy one again.

Reactions: jgaz
Local mechanics shops use mostly harbor frieght - they get the 2 year warrenty and keep track of the day's left. Lots of aftermarket stuff fabricated for the HF jacks, I suspect someone has welded up an extension and marketed it. That said, if money is burning a hole in your pocket, there is always Pro Eagle. They make a very nice looking offroad jack and sell extensions for it. I think you can go through 3 or 4 HF jacks before you pay as much as a Pro Eagle.