Gas pump clicking off after 19 Gallon mod

Winks42

TJ Enthusiast
Well the other Day I replaced my fuel pump And while I was at it I cut the vent hose so I can fit some extra gallons of Gas in there. Well this morning I went to fill up my tank and the pump kept clicking off, And I kept restarting it until around 6 gallons when it stoped shutting off and filled up the rest of the way. I Just wanna make sure I did this right and maybe it was just the gas pump itself having problems, the station I went to was pretty new though.

E97E8F57-8735-40AD-9280-BA5AF0B3E7A5.jpeg

Well the other Day I replaced my fuel pump And while I was at it I cut the vent hose so I can fit some extra gallons of Gas in there. Well this morning I went to fill up my tank and the pump kept clicking off, And I kept restarting it until around 6 gallons when it stoped shutting off and filled up the rest of the way. I Just wanna make sure I did this right and maybe it was just the gas pump itself having problems, the station I went to was pretty new though.

View attachment 254765
I would suggest removing the rubber vent line from the tank that terminates by the filler and make sure the line is clear of any obstructions.

I would suggest removing the rubber vent line from the tank that terminates by the filler and make sure the line is clear of any obstructions.
Took the filler neck itself off and could not see anything that would obstruct flow, and everything looks fine, I’m thinking It was just the pump at the station as I filled up my dads car this morning and the same thing happened At the same station

Reactions: TJ4Jim