Gasoline brand preference?

My favorite was always Sunoco especially years ago when the had all the different grades. My vehicle at the time (mid 70's) loved the Sunoco 220 grade, but that was the old leaded gas. Mostly running Fred Meyer or Costco these days.

I do use Speedway (not sure the real gas brand name behind) the locations close to me are generally busy so the gas is fresh and that is what I look for.
What I'm picky about it's to always fill gas early on the morning(when is possible as well), carry this from my Dad.

I use Top Tier fuels. All gas has detergents and additives, but Top Tier has more to keep the engine cleaner.

I do use Speedway (not sure the real gas brand name behind) the locations close to me are generally busy so the gas is fresh and that is what I look for.
What I'm picky about it's to always fill gas early on the morning(when is possible as well), carry this from my Dad.
Jorge and his dad are right. Liquids are denser at cooler temps. If you can fill up in the morning, or middle of the night, you'll get more gas (the good kind! LOL)

Reactions: Jorge Bolivar
No preference here. I use anything from Arco to Safeway fuel. I just go with whatever is cheapest.

Reactions: FTI76
If it looks like gas, and smells like gas, the 2.5 seems perfectly happy with it. The local super store gas station sells it to me at a discount, so that's where I go.

Reactions: Chris
There's something about country gas that makes the jeep run better, but of course that's silly... still, I fill up at little rural stations whenever possible [emoji57]

Reactions: Kyle_W and StG58
Jorge and his dad are right. Liquids are denser at cooler temps. If you can fill up in the morning, or middle of the night, you'll get more gas (the good kind! LOL)
That's true, but there is very little temperature variation of the fuel between day and night because the fuel storage tanks are stored well below ground.

That's true, but there is very little temperature variation of the fuel between day and night because the fuel storage tanks are stored well below ground.
I agree, and just get gas when I can. Liquids are fairly resistant to temp changes anyway. I wonder if anyone has ever done a study of the differences in volume of gas and temperature changes. Not that it will change my habits!

Chevron stations are almost always cleaner, pumps newer, have squeegees, paper towels, water, and always print receipts. I only use top tier premium. Just like Jeep parts and accessories, price is not my priority...value is.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I never really thought about how regional the big brands are. I use the local grocery store chain (HEB) bit have noticed better milage with Shell.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I run Chevron and Texaco gas. It's the same thing and I get the best gas mileage out of them. One time I used Shell and I got 8 Mpg. Went back to Chevron next tank and went back to getting 16.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk