Gen III Hemi Swap into TJ Reference Guide & Swap Info

Jeff,
Do you have any pictures of the flange side of your headers? I'm wondering if they have the early square port or later D port? The Hooker Blackheart headers I bought are the newer style ports.

One other thing about retaining the early stock intake manifold for me is that since I have the York bracket I need the early style accessory drive & timing cover. If I were to change that I'd lose the option for the York since the bracket was made for the early style drive.

Jeff,
Do you have any pictures of the flange side of your headers? I'm wondering if they have the early square port or later D port? The Hooker Blackheart headers I bought are the newer style ports.

One other thing about retaining the early stock intake manifold for me is that since I have the York bracket I need the early style accessory drive & timing cover. If I were to change that I'd lose the option for the York since the bracket was made for the early style drive.

I don't have a shot of the header flange, and this is the best shot I have of the ports. I'm pretty sure they are the square port. Can you tell?

Jeep - 5.7 Hemi 7-7-2017 165.JPG

Reactions: Wildman
I don't have a shot of the header flange, and this is the best shot I have of the ports. I'm pretty sure they are the square port. Can you tell?

View attachment 531551

I'm not a expert on the Gen III Hemi but yes they look like the square ports. There have been people who ported their old style headers to open them up as much as possible.

Once I have some more information from Ryan on this kit I'll post it up here. He said they wouldn't be available for another 3-4 weeks but would get me the first one if I wanted it. Like I'd said I really wasn't looking to open this engine up but the fact that it's a 03-05 engine which were the ones that had the valve seat dropping issue I'm thinking about it. And better flowing heads and a torquey cam are a plus too. So I may pull the trigger on a kit.

Reactions: NashvilleTJ
I just went to Holley's site and there are no exhaust options available for the Hemi swap. Hopefully they will restock at some point. I am probably a year or more away from a swap but I think I am going to get the motor mount frame brackets while they are still available.

I just went to Holley's site and there are no exhaust options available for the Hemi swap. Hopefully they will restock at some point. I am probably a year or more away from a swap but I think I am going to get the motor mount frame brackets while they are still available.

They dropped the Hemi exhaust system option a while ago & seem to not be restoking things. The Hooker Blackheart headers recommended in this thread are the ones I'm going to try.

BH2375

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/gen-iii-hemi-swap-into-tj—reference-guide-swap-info.46347/

Reactions: lowell66dart

You can also try Red Rock 4x4. Hemi swaps are a specialty. You can get anything you may need for a swap there, including headers.

https://redrock4wd.com/jeep-wrangler-tjs-1997-2006

Wildman,
Just to let you know that angle mount filter kit would not work for my application. It actually would have made it worse for me. That's why I used a remote location kit and mounted the filter up front behind the bumper. I've got the write-up and pictures on my thread.

Yes I'd seen your remote mount and had looked at that idea also. I figured I'd order it now (off Amazon) and then if I can't use it I'll return it. Since I have a 3 link front I don't have a upper control arm on the right side to hit it. But we'll see how this all plays out as time goes on.
But thank you for posting your experience.

Like others I'm not looking forward to routing my exhaust around upper link of the Savvy 3/4 link but I'll get it figured out. Got to go buy a new bottle of tri-mix. With all the other custom/non-stock things I've done on my Tj I'm sure that this will be a challenge.
I've almost got the garage ready for the Hemi Jeep so I can get the engine pulled.

Yes I'd seen your remote mount and had looked at that idea also. I figured I'd order it now (off Amazon) and then if I can't use it I'll return it. Since I have a 3 link front I don't have a upper control arm on the right side to hit it. But we'll see how this all plays out as time goes on.
But thank you for posting your experience.

Like others I'm not looking forward to routing my exhaust around upper link of the Savvy 3/4 link but I'll get it figured out. Got to go buy a new bottle of tri-mix. With all the other custom/non-stock things I've done on my Tj I'm sure that this will be a challenge.
I've almost got the garage ready for the Hemi Jeep so I can get the engine pulled.

I guess that's all part of the "fun/challenge/problem" of doing modifications on our Jeeps because there are no two of them the same.

Reactions: Wildman