Gen III Hemi Swap into TJ Reference Guide & Swap Info

Did you get the specific Hemi Swap headers or just some generic headers? I know for the LS stuff, Holley/Black heart discontinued all the exhaust bits because of “EPA” is what I heard.

I have a set of the LS ones, hopefully they work. If not I can sell them as pre-ban and make mucho dinero.

Reactions: Wildman
Jeff,
Here's a comparison between the pre-Eagle heads and a Eagle exhaust gasket. But I'm thinking that when you did your Hemi swap that the Eagle heads had been out long enough that your headers might have been made for them. The bolt pattern is the same.

1719077653117.png

Reactions: NashvilleTJ
Thanks for sharing all that you are working on for this swap.

At some point in time I plan on dropping a 5.7 Hemi in the LJ.
Was going to go this route with my 99TJ as I was starting a frame and tub swap but way to much rust on all the parts I was goi g to salvage from the TJ.

Found an extremely rust free 06 LJR which makes a swap a bit easier so now looking for a donor Hemi from a Ram 1500.

Reactions: Daubie3
Thanks for sharing all that you are working on for this swap.

At some point in time I plan on dropping a 5.7 Hemi in the LJ.
Was going to go this route with my 99TJ as I was starting a frame and tub swap but way to much rust on all the parts I was goi g to salvage from the TJ.

Found an extremely rust free 06 LJR which makes a swap a bit easier so now looking for a donor Hemi from a Ram 1500.

Also a have the swap book for auto trans from Redrock which gives a rough idea of what parts are needed and lays out a bit of the work involved.

I have access to a full custom car shop so may just pull the body off for easier access…. Not trying to be a bully😄