Genright 8274 Mount (Looking for weight loss)

Savvy bumper is going to work fine as it was designed for a winch to be bolted directly to it. What would be nice is if someone made a 8274 bracket like the Motobilt one in aluminum so it could be welded for a clean look.

So if I wanted to go with the genright mount, only bolted to the savvy aluminum bumper, I shouldn't have any concerns?

Some people mentioned finding the weight elsewhere, but there aren't that many places to lose weight. Armor and bumpers are by far the easiest places to focus on weight. I know I'm gaining weight adding those items, but I want to gain as little weight as possible.

I'm in the process on going from steel UCF armor to aluminum Savvy. I'm looking at getting rid of the rear tire carrier. Back seat, mounts and seat belts are gone. I'm looking at everything to lose weight (except myself, that's too much work), as I won't be getting any more power.

So if I wanted to go with the genright mount, only bolted to the savvy aluminum bumper, I shouldn't have any concerns?

Some people mentioned finding the weight elsewhere, but there aren't that many places to lose weight. Armor and bumpers are by far the easiest places to focus on weight. I know I'm gaining weight adding those items, but I want to gain as little weight as possible.

I'm in the process on going from steel UCF armor to aluminum Savvy. I'm looking at getting rid of the rear tire carrier. Back seat, mounts and seat belts are gone. I'm looking at everything to lose weight (except myself, that's too much work), as I won't be getting any more power.

So ironically Genrite does not recommend using their 8274 mount with their own aluminum bumpers. @mrblaine other than possibly adding some additional fasteners to spread the load some do you see any issue with using a Savvy bumper in that manner?

Reactions: John Cooper
So ironically Genrite does not recommend using their 8274 mount with their own aluminum bumpers. @mrblaine other than possibly adding some additional fasteners to spread the load some do you see any issue with using a Savvy bumper in that manner?

Shouldn't be an issue as long as he can reproduce the function of the Savvy fairlead mount.

So ironically Genrite does not recommend using their 8274 mount with their own aluminum bumpers.

Genrite: If you have a question, give us a call at (805) 584-8635, and we will be happy to assist you.

Might ask; my guess is they have a good reason.

Ok back to my original plan, when funds permit.

Motobilt stinger bumper and Motobilt 8274 adapter mount.
I’ve got a Motobilt 8274 mount on a modified Motobilt stubby/short bumper and love it. I had to cut the d-ring mounts off of it to get the 8274 mount to fit. I’ve added some other recovery points now that aren’t on it in this pic to replace them.
IMG_6977.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: John Cooper
I’ve got a Motobilt 8274 mount on a modified Motobilt stubby/short bumper and love it. I had to cut the d-ring mounts off of it to get the 8274 mount to fit. I’ve added some other recovery points now that aren’t on it in this pic to replace them.
View attachment 506081

Motobilt told me I could notch out the mount to work with the recovery points.

Still not sure which way I am gonna go.

Last edited: