Genright front fender fitment question

jwilkinson01

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I am doing the initial test fit of my new non-highline fenders. And they don’t lineup with the bottom of the tub. Is this normal? I don’t have rocker Armor yet and I’m sure that would hide it. But before I go any further, I want to make sure

In this picture, they still need to Move up higher to lineup with the hood line so it will be even more pronounced maybe 3/4 of an inch difference
IMG_1772.jpeg

IMG_1773.jpeg

I am speculating here but from my Genright slider install it was necessary to bend the pinch seam under, effectively raising it. I bet the Genright fender is sized on the bottom to fit their mini boat side slider without any further mods to the fender.

Reactions: NashvilleTJ
I am speculating here but from my Genright slider install it was necessary to bend the pinch seam under, effectively raising it. I bet the Genright fender is sized on the bottom to fit their mini boat side slider without any further mods to the fender.

I actually thought about that. I guess I just need to get some mini boat sides but the ones I want are available yet.

@Plumber1 may be able to offer insight
I just took these tonight, I don't remember having any issues like your having. I would contact Genright, those look to short on the top and the bottom. I did have some issue in the rear when I added the Alum. corners that I can share if you go with corners

IMG_2885.jpg

IMG_2886.jpg

IMG_2887.jpg

Perhaps a blessing in disguise? Could you fold over the pinch seam and mount your sliders 3/4” higher? Just a thought - no actual idea if that would work or not.

Perhaps a blessing in disguise? Could you fold over the pinch seam and mount your sliders 3/4” higher? Just a thought - no actual idea if that would work or not.

You still might be right about this being a blessing. Both sides are identical 17 1/4” tall. Factory appears to be about 17 7/8”. Since I plant to run mini boat sides this would keep me from having to bend the fender panel to match the bend in the tub, these fenders are pretty damn stout so I think that would be damn hard to do without specialized equipment. Hopefully I get 100% coverage with the rockers so it isn’t obvious.

If I wasn’t planning on boat sides I would be calling Genright tomorrow

Reactions: John Cooper
You still might be right about this being a blessing. Both sides are identical 17 1/4” tall. Factory appears to be about 17 7/8”. Since I plant to run mini boat sides this would keep me from having to bend the fender panel to match the bend in the tub, these fenders are pretty damn stout so I think that would be damn hard to do without specialized equipment. Hopefully I get 100% coverage with the rockers so it isn’t obvious.

If I wasn’t planning on boat sides I would be calling Genright tomorrow

It would be interesting to know if those were designed to work with their mini boatsides. That’s the only thing that makes sense.

Reactions: John Cooper
It would be interesting to know if those were designed to work with their mini boatsides. That’s the only thing that makes sense.

I agree, I’ll probably still call them tomorrow just to ask that specific question. But it does seem odd that Every one else’s line up with the tub