GenRight highline front fender fitment

Larrybortz

Supporting Member
I was installing Genrights Highline tff 2730 fenders tonight and ran into a issue. The body has a 11/4 lift so I made the assumption that the front radiator support should be the same and in modifications made to suspension I had room for the radiator to be sandwiched between the drag link TRE and the hood all was good but when I stuck the fenders on for fitment I found that the front had to be at stock hight to fit so now I have no room. Is this right or did I receive the wrong product. If this is the way it is supposed to be I will need another option as I don't want to loose my up travel .

PXL_20231115_014602289.jpg

Is the body and grill bolted to the frame normally or are you doing something weird with the forklift rigging?

With those fenders, the grille and radiator remain in the same location relative to the body tub. So they will be in the exact location as with the stock fenders - again relative to the body tub.

Are you saying that with the additional upward clearance, you can’t raise your front axle up as far as you expected?

If that’s the case, will your tires allow you to raise the axle that far?

The issue is the relationship to the tub, I will call Genrights in the morning, just trying to get my head rapped around this to see if it is my fault

The issue is the relationship to the tub, I will call Genrights in the morning, just trying to get my head rapped around this to see if it is my fault

What happens when you put the stock fenders back on?

Again, I have clearance for everything if I have the 11/4 puck for the body lift in but the fenders don't line up with the front

The square pads on the frame are from a previous owner that had put the body lift on. In order to get the fenders to line up I pulled the puck and rubber snubbers off to get it to drop down

Dana 60 and coilovers. And yes I have clearance for 40s but barely and intend on 37

View attachment 474151

View attachment 474152

Use the reply feature, then we will know to whom you are replying.

Have you flexed it out with the wheels in place yet? If you do you will likely find that the bump position set correctly to control full articulation will not allow you to get the axle that high at full stuff.

There is likely nothing wrong with the fender. They appear to be level with the body lines - although hard to tell in the pic. Perhaps the grill has been high all along? Or the mount was compressed under the weight / force of the stock fenders?

Obviously, the frame isn't bent down. I was refering to the weight of the fender itself. I'm saying that because its not bolted into the grill, its letting gravity do its thing and the front is being pulled down. Do you have all four bolts in the rear to the tub and are they tight?

Yes they are tight and no way do they droop

Use the reply feature, then we will know to whom you are replying.

Have you flexed it out with the wheels in place yet? If you do you will likely find that the bump position set correctly to control full articulation will not allow you to get the axle that high at full stuff.

There is likely nothing wrong with the fender. They appear to be level with the body lines - although hard to tell in the pic. Perhaps the grill has been high all along? Or the mount was compressed under the weight / force of the stock fenders?

This was just full up travel both sides

PXL_20231114_015258368.jpg

I run those fenders. Sight down the top of the fender toward the top of the rear tub. They should be in line with the top of the body line.

Edit: Like this:

View attachment 474164

They are. There's something else going on, tying to figure out now. I have another jeep and comparing measurements as the stock fender bolts on, problem is the tub is lifted but not the front end. Trying to figure out how