Genright TJ to LJ Conversion

I can't tell but it looks like the new frame limits up-travel in the rear just like the tracer kit. The wheel arch is almost missing. I like the idea but don't know if it would suit my wants.

The body stretch is interesting. I'm far less interested in the frame portion. It's way too locked in to the GR Tracer design.

Reactions: psrivats and pagrey
The one in the video did, it was basically their tracer rear stretch, it sounded like they’re we’re going to offer two options, regular LJ and stretch. The one in the video was set up for coil overs
I think both are going to use the same coil over mount, just different location. I think that question was asked and answered in the video. Stock suspension isn't going to be an option, just the tracer style mount or what you see in the video. The LJ version will just have the mount further forward.

Genright also pushes the front out ~4" to get to that 115".
Ah yeah good call so prob 111-112 assuming your front was in the stock location.

What wheel base is the tj6? Those are more like 108 aren’t they?

GR doesn't do big up travel. If I wanted 40s, I would also want to keep my hard earned 6" of up. If their (lack of a) frame arch is limiting the axle from going up, I am calling that a needlessly poor design.

And I'm still not seeing what tire size has to do with the height of the frame arch. Width perhaps.

Last edited:
GR doesn't do big up travel. If I wanted 40s, I would also want to keep my hard earned 6" of up. If their (lack of a) frame arch is limiting the axle from going up, I am calling that a needlessly poor design.

And I'm still not seeing what tire size has to do with the height of the frame arch. Width perhaps.

A 40" tire hits the tub before a 35" tire. Not really much room to cut the arch.

Reactions: NashvilleTJ
Yes, about a foot further back than a stock LJ. It sets your wheelbase at 115”
Sounds like it would be worth it. What tire size is best for 115” WB?

A 40" tire hits the tub before a 35" tire. Not really much room to cut the arch.
We are dancing around a ride height problem and a lack of clearance inherent to GR's Tracer design. Fundamentally, this is a LCoG kit intended for down travel, for better or for worse. Big tires and a long wheelbase cover up a lot of sins where the suspension is lacking.

Again, were I to want 40s+ it would not be built around this as a frame extension.

Reactions: Apparition
This seems like a fine kit for someone wanting a CGOS (consumer goods off the shelf) kit, but it’s a poorly designed kit for anyone that cares about travel and performance. But those people can do this stretch without a kit, so I think it’s not far off of the motobilt frame segments they offer.

All that to say, there’s a set of people that will buy this and make sure you know it. Then there’s people that stretch their rig, they probably won’t say anything, and you’ll know it.

This seems like a fine kit for someone wanting a CGOS (consumer goods off the shelf) kit, but it’s a poorly designed kit for anyone that cares about travel and performance. But those people can do this stretch without a kit, so I think it’s not far off of the motobilt frame segments they offer.

All that to say, there’s a set of people that will buy this and make sure you know it. Then there’s people that stretch their rig, they probably won’t say anything, and you’ll know it.
And those who know wonder why anyone would spend over $100k for a Tracer with only 3-4" of up travel and suspension geometry that stops short of what it could be.