George Lopez is amazingly racist

Sancho

Getting my $30 worth by hitting the text limit....
Supporting Member
Just came back from his stand up in San Diego.

He had funny punchlines, but is damn near overtly racist.

His narrative was more than the typical... "white people do this, Latinos do that", but more of... "latinos are superior, here is why..." lol!

Example: " this is George Lopez country (sold out crowd), get that white fuck outta here. I'll say what I want. We own this place (US/calif) anyways." He says in response to a heckler.

I think the guy was heckling, because lopez just finished a "fuck trump" chant... and said, "if you voted for him, fuck you, your children, and children's children...."

Holy shit LOL

I listen to some of the comedy channels on XM and a good number of the comedians aren't even funny, nobody is laughing at what they're saying. I'd be pissed if I paid money to see a comedian and instead of being funny they just went on some political rant.

He’s right, they definitely do own California.

Imagine if a white guy pulled the same thing. Someone would actually call them a racist.

Of course we all know that according to the media, you can’t be racist unless you’re white 🤣

Just came back from his stand up in San Diego.

He had funny punchlines, but is damn near overtly racist.

His narrative was more than the typical... "white people do this, Latinos do that", but more of... "latinos are superior, here is why..." lol!

Example: " this is George Lopez country (sold out crowd), get that white fuck outta here. I'll say what I want. We own this place (US/calif) anyways." He says in response to a heckler.

I think the guy was heckling, because lopez just finished a "fuck trump" chant... and said, "if you voted for him, fuck you, your children, and children's children...."

Holy shit LOL
It seems the older he gets the more racist his routine is. It's too bad, I used to like him. I think the t.v. stars and personalities should leave the politics alone. I think it makes them look foolish and ignorant.

A lot of comedians say inappropriate things. Some people can handle it some people can’t.
A lot of what makes humor funny (?) are inappropriate statements. By definition comedians are supposed to make people laugh by saying funny things whether inappropriate or not. Key word being laugh.

Reactions: reddvltj
1. anybody that brags about something they played no part in (ethnicity) is pathetic

2. nobody cares because he is a has-been

Reactions: reddvltj and Chris
The "we do this, they do that" can work if it's mutual destruction. I often see the men vs women routine and it works if done right. For instance a man makes fun of something silly that women do, but then totally go off about something rediculous that men do, and it had better be twice as degrading or he's never getting laid again.

Worst routine I saw was at the local comedy club. The warmup (usually a local newbie) does his short act and absolutely nailed it, everyone rolling! Then the headliner comes on, staggers through his routine and sorta spirals off for 20 min about how it sucks to be an on the road comedian. Crickets while everyone looks around like "there's a punchline coming, right?"

This guy?

MrElectric.jpg

I wouldn't take him too seriously.

• Haha
Reactions: matkal
I agree that a good comedy act takes a lot of balance. You can't sit there and rip on women the entire time without coming across as a sexist asshole. At the same time, if you sit around and rip on men the entire time, it's the same way.

It takes a lot of back-and-forth, and then I think it works out nicely. I'm not sure I'd want to sit through a comedy routing where all it was was ripping on white people. Of course I wasn't at this show, so I have no idea what actually went on.

Reactions: matkal and reddvltj
Comedians are known for pushing boundaries with their jokes, and that's part of their allure. Hecklers deserve to become the brunt of a joke, but this went beyond just a joke. There are lines that even a comedian shouldn't cross, and this is one of those cases. "if you voted for him, fuck you, your children, and children's children...."
To dis on the heckler is one thing but he went too far.

Reactions: matkal
I don't take any offense to what he said.. I truly don't care about his opinion. I was surprised to see something so outlandish on display publicly, with support.

I truly believe he has misplaced anger and hate against a particular race... and his juxtaposition between races, though a standard comic structure, was more than that.

Best analogy is... if a KKK member was a comedian... and did that "blacks do this, whites do that" style of comedy... you would be able to tell that it was coming from a place of hate and belief.

Anywhoo.. just sharing that experience with you all.

Reactions: reddvltj
A lot of comedians say inappropriate things. Some people can handle it some people can’t.

Back in the eighties while living in Burbank (Olive & Burbank Blvd) $10 taxi ride over Barham to Sunset Blvd. We'd enjoy Chris Rock (Funny Black Man) and others.... When the fuck did everyone grow vaginas?

Our differences used to be funny, it's now become political hate to the point of violence.

I really wish they would. I can't tell you how many things I've had to stop watching because they won't stay out of politics.

I stopped watching a lot of things as well. The double standard towards white people and males in particular is nuts. It is very bad here in Pittsburgh, so I can't imagine living in CA. I never knew how racist and sexist people really are. Guess Trump really showed us how people think inside all the time and he brought it to the surface. At least we now know. Keeping in mind this is a generalization. I still think MOST people are good, but we don't want to hear about the good people. Lots of racist and sexists amongst us, just not the majority, IMHO.

Last edited:
I know I’m going to start a shitstorm with this but I think it(racism) started getting much worse because of the previous presidents statements and policies (?). I didn’t vote for him but when he got elected I thought that he would do a lot to bring us more together but he had the opposite effect. IMO

Reactions: gg1 and reddvltj