Getting bad smell out of cloth seats

I've had good luck with Bissell upholstery spray cleaner, followed up with baking soda.
Spray it liberally, let it sit for an hour or so. Use a clean towel to blot it dry, don't press down and scrub. Doesn't need to be completely dry, just get some of it up. Then apply a good thick layer of baking soda and let it sit several hours, or overnight. Vacuum it up. Give it the sniff test, repeat as necessary.

For foam core cushions if possible take the cover off and run it through the washing machine. Take the foam outside and hose it down, let it dry in the sun. Takes several days usually to dry. Put it back together and then use the above method on any spots that still stink.

I've completely removed some pretty strong odors with that method.

Reactions: Ante_Up
For really nasty stuff I take the whole seat out and hit it with the pressure washer.
Do it with the inside furniture too. As long as you leave it in the blazing sun for a couple days it dries completely.
For cat piss stains I recommend using the pressure washer on solid stream...on the cat.

What in the world is a girl doing in a Jeep with a jar of pickles in the juice chomping a way - I’m just trying to get a visual on that. That is not kosher.

Or maybe they were.

It's been almost 24 hrs without an answer from armaunr so here's what I think. Kosher or not, he hasn't been given permission to tell the world that his girlfriend is pregnant and needed to immediately satisfy her cravings. Eventually we may find out how ice cream was involved.

Now the weight is on...

It's been almost 24 hrs without an answer from armaunr so here's what I think. Kosher or not, he hasn't been given permission to tell the world that his girlfriend is pregnant and needed to immediately satisfy her cravings. Eventually we may find out how ice cream was involved.

Now the weight is on...
Do you think it's actually pickle juice that is causing the smell?

Just use the Bi-Carb bush it out and then vacuum! Take it from me, once you get past 60 Bi-Carb is a god send! :)

Hey, so I got a quick question. My girlfriend was eating pickles in my Jeep and she spilled some pickle juice on the cloth seat. We tried scrubbing it up with a towel I had in the back and some water, but I just got in it again (this happened about 5 hours ago) and it just reeks of pickle juice. Any suggestions to get the smell out? I’ve got the factory cloth seats if that helps.

Thanks!
Tell your girlfriend to quit eating your pickle in the Jeep?

A long time ago, I picked up some scallops on the way home from work. The scallop juice leaked into the back seat and made the car smell horrible. It was a work car, so I didn't try too hard to get rid of the smell. After the spill, whenever one of my co-workers would ride me they wanted to know if I was having extra marital activities. I'd answer no scallop juice spill, and then I'd always get "sure, I believe you."

Last edited: