Getting rid of 2.5 for a 4.0 tomorrow: What to look out for?

Zaythedad

TJ Enthusiast
So after losing my mind with my 2.5 SE that I do own and love....
I'm finally selling her to the dealer and buying a 4.0 2004 Rubicon. Silver

So folks what should I look for? Currently this is what the website shows.
Gimmie some quick looks! Thanks again guys

Isiah.

7840A55A-BDA6-4CFA-B88B-2C83D576F2D8.jpeg

So after losing my mind with my 2.5 SE that I do own and love....
I'm finally selling her to the dealer and buying a 4.0 2004 Rubicon. Silver

So folks what should I look for? Currently this is what the website shows.
Gimmie some quick looks! Thanks again guys

Isiah.

View attachment 78506

Well straight off the bat that Rubicon sticker isn’t factory....so I hope you verified that it was by lockers/axles!

Yeah I've verified it seen it in person once already. But just checking in general what everyone recommends.

Just as in Irewd the trim specification thread already know what it's supposed to have as well but. Another question.

Is the lug pattern on my 2000 TJ and the 04 the same I'm swapping the wheels and tires on mine for my.31s

Get the Jeep on gravel or dirt and put the transfer case in 4LO. Drive alittle to get the feel of it in 4Lo.

Push the locker button down once for rear lockers, and once more down for front. Make sure the dash light engages and isn't flashing. You should be able to feel a difference in steering with the lockers on and off. To disengage them, just flip up on the same switch. The lights should go out. You may need to drive a few feet to get them fully engaged or disengaged.

Reactions: Zaythedad
The Front and Rear Locker light will be in the top right corner of the dash cluster.

Good luck with the test drive! From the pics she looks pretty clean, and silver is an awesome color. Wish my 05 Rubi had that 5 speed manual instead of the 6 speed.

I'm hoping this does good. Chris advised me the decal isn't the factory one so I car faxed it saw damage in 2015 to the front end gonna have the frame checked and stuff too.

I'm hoping this does good. Chris advised me the decal isn't the factory one so I car faxed it saw damage in 2015 to the front end gonna have the frame checked and stuff too.

The VIN idea above is great too. That will show where the vehicle was first delivered to and what options it had at build.

Yeah my buddy is the dealer thank God he just told me it came in with nonbadging and he wanted it to sell so he stickered it up. Lol 💔
Meh, the right stickers aren't hard to get ahold of aftermarket cheap. Thats an easy fix! Even some of the new JK version Rubicon Stickers are pretty cool. Its the placement higher up on that hood that throws it off a bit.

Alright gents so I got her! Took some shhh off already removed some random wires. (for amp and what not) so the original dash cluster was busted so the dealer ordered me one asap for next monday to be installed
my question is I have no dash cluster right now not really driving her to much but the internal lights do not work at all is that connected to the internet for like power? Or show me some inputs.

I'm so confused by what you just said :ROFLMAO:

Lol alright here we go...
Dash cluster was busted dealer ordered a new one to be installed and all that jazz next week.

My interior lights aren't working at all not the a/c climate controls not the foot Wells nothing.

Does that have to do with cluster not being there yet? (As in empty hole where uster should be for now.)
Do those lights use that as power?

Dash cluster was busted dealer ordered a new one to be installed and all that jazz next week.

My interior lights aren't working at all not the a/c climate controls not the foot Wells nothing.

Does that have to do with cluster not being there yet? (As in empty hole where uster should be for now.)

I wasn't even aware they would drive without a cluster, so I have no idea.

I'm actually surprised you can still order a new cluster for them. To my knowledge Mopar no longer makes the gauge clusters. Maybe I'm wrong.

Either way, I'm fairly certain the A/C climate controls have nothing to do with the gauge cluster, but I could be wrong. I guess you'll find out soon enough!

Yes it acts as sort of a “power hub” if you will. I don’t know the why but when I was doing some work to my dash and had it removed, none of my interior dash lights worked.