Gladiator Wheel Option

mushdogs

Removing warning labels would solve problems.
Supporting Member
New wheel option for the 2020 Gladiator:

C2A3DABE-693E-4F69-9270-4A90AFA42653.jpeg

A yucky IFS like this one? So gross... :p

View attachment 152841
Double yuck! Two wheel drive? I dont even think they make a Gladiator in 2WD.

Think of a rig built to tackle a more difficult type of racing. A rig built with straight axles as choice to make the podium. ;)
EAA50440-2518-4549-A6B0-845C96686BA8.jpeg
E57C4CC5-84B0-4C25-8015-CAC68E8600F0.jpeg
8B5FB3A8-0B34-4346-9694-006266302DA8.jpeg

p.s, I hope you can understand that I am just playing with ya. While IFS does have its strenths and weaknesses, so does straight axle rigs. Both make for great setups to race the most difficult terrains.

I was tempted by the Gladiator.

I'm a general contractor superintendent, so having an actual "truck" that was still a Jeep was attractive. But then when I really sat down and weighed out what it was about a gladiator that really appealed to me, I realized I could modify the LJ to accomplish most of those things for under 5k. Namely, quieter (get less shitty tires, a hard top, and some sound deadening), CarPlay stereo, drop down tail gate, and new seats.

That coupled with sticker shock settled that pretty quick.

So, now I'm just hunting a top and waiting for my tailgate to arrive. Got the stereo sorted out over the summer (skipped CarPlay for just a good Bluetooth unit).

Reactions: TJ Starting and JMT
Don’t understand why you guys have to hate on it so much. Its a nice truck, and being able to have a truck and a Jeep is super nice. It’s far better than my 2017 Tacoma and the Colorado that I test drove before I bought that.

View attachment 154836

I'm definitely not a hater (though they do look ridiculous with stock tires)

But the cost makes it a non-starter for me. For ~10k less, you could have a TRD Pro Tacoma.

There are tradeoffs, but I think at the end of the day, I'd rather have the Taco over the Gladiator.

I'm definitely not a hater (though they do look ridiculous with stock tires)

But the cost makes it a non-starter for me. For ~10k less, you could have a TRD Pro Tacoma.

There are tradeoffs, but I think at the end of the day, I'd rather have the Taco over the Gladiator.

I've had both, and honestly the Gladiator is better all around. The transmission and shifting, as well as power is much better on the Gladiator. The rear seat legroom is noticeably better, as is the payload and towing. The tech stuff is much improved as well. A lot of the things I was concerned about (highway ride, gas mileage) really aren't much less than the Tacoma. Also, I think the price gap is bit lower these days. TRD Pro Tacomas are virtually never discounted from sticker, which at checking this morning is 47,760. I paid about $53,500 for mine. For $6k I got a front locker, 4:1 transfer case, better equipment, and I get to drive a Jeep. To me that $6k is worth it.

Hopefully this didn't come off as a total Tacoma bash. I had the truck for 3 years and it was great. But once the Gladiator came along and I drove it, it was a much better truck, and I'm happy with my decision.

I also agree they need some bigger tires. That's part of why I went to 35's on mine, it look much better with them. Also couldn't have it with tires barely bigger than my LJ, lol

I've had both, and honestly the Gladiator is better all around. The transmission and shifting, as well as power is much better on the Gladiator. The rear seat legroom is noticeably better, as is the payload and towing. The tech stuff is much improved as well. A lot of the things I was concerned about (highway ride, gas mileage) really aren't much less than the Tacoma. Also, I think the price gap is bit lower these days. TRD Pro Tacomas are virtually never discounted from sticker, which at checking this morning is 47,760. I paid about $53,500 for mine. For $6k I got a front locker, 4:1 transfer case, better equipment, and I get to drive a Jeep. To me that $6k is worth it.

Hopefully this didn't come off as a total Tacoma bash. I had the truck for 3 years and it was great. But once the Gladiator came along and I drove it, it was a much better truck, and I'm happy with my decision.

I also agree they need some bigger tires. That's part of why I went to 35's on mine, it look much better with them. Also couldn't have it with tires barely bigger than my LJ, lol
Finally someone who can weigh in with seat time and ownership in both the Tacoma and the Gladiator. Nice!