Good soft tops?

TJ soft tops are fantastic, if you ever had a CJ , you understand this statement.

Reactions: Rick Flair
Yep, my first Jeep was a ‘71 CJ5 when I was 16. It was a complete POS, including the fastback style top!

I'm kind of deciding on the trektop nx and the supertip nx, since the wiring on my hard top crapped out, I lost the one feature that I want in a hard top.

Is the difference between frame/frameless that the frameless ones are more difficult to go completely open air?

Like with the trektop, you can fold the front back and remove the windows, but doing more than that is a bit of a pain?

And the super top you just pull the windows out and fold it down, correct?

Also, is the trektop noticeably noisier? How does it compare to the factory hard top? My only experience with soft tops is with a JK my mom had when I was a kid.

I went with the bestop trektop nx. It was a pain to install the first time last summer, but that's a good thing. It's a tight fit, doesn't leak and looks great.

The only thing that bugs me is trying to store the back and side windows. I can't find a good arrangement for that while driving around.

I apologize for being a Nuisance here. But If I go with a Fastback type of Soft top. Will I need any accessory hardware? Beings i'm going from Hard Top to Soft Top... Thanks

I apologize for being a Nuisance here. But If I go with a Fastback type of Soft top. Will I need any accessory hardware? Beings i'm going from Hard Top to Soft Top... Thanks
If you order a full top from BesTop top it will come with everything you need. I just bought a frameless TrekTop NX in February. It came with everything. Header, door Surrounds, tailgate bar and brackets. Everything in the kit. I do know that some of the cheaper kits don't include anything other than the top.

Okay well thanks. I was hoping to find a cheaper one🙈 Just cause it was something that would be used very lightly and also keep the spending down. But from what it sounds like you can't go wrong with a Besttop👍👍👍

My ‘06 with 110,000 miles on it is still sporting the original top and have zero issues with it. And with a fresh coat of protectant on it, it looks brand new.

Yah, and if you get the one that also is a sunroof style, it is awesome. Perfect for that "iffy" weather. Just put the sunroof back and if it start getting cold, fold it back. :D

PGRd%LIcSeGr4ra%FKP2oA.jpg

Question about soft top. Just bought a 1997 Jeep TJ that has a hard top. Doors have sliding glass windows which we want to keep. Recommend a top? Will need full hardware too. Will only be using in summer never in winter. Thanks

Bestop tops come with everything you need.

My TJ also came with a hardtop that I use in winter and full doors. I have the Bestop Trektop NX, but I think I prefer the factory style Supertops now that I've seen them at local meets. The Trektop sacrifices some cargo area and I keep my TJ in the garage anyway. Thinking of selling my hardtop this year.

Another top that is popular out here is the rugged ridge one (I think that's the brand). It has a storage pocket in the roof to hold the rear and side windows so you can carry them with you. Loads of people use them for trail tops in TN. However, you need to get the hardware for the door surrounds and roof separately for this one.