Goodyear MT/R 35x12.5R15 tires on national backorder

Goodyear MTRs can't be the Holy Grail of tires for rocks. I'm guessing some other billion dollar company wants the business. :unsure:
Goodyear is currently the last tire I want to run anyway, I try to avoid both "Woke" (Where the Hell did that term come from anyway?) as well as Christianist companies when I can. Sometimes I can't. Whatever. There certainly are plenty of other fantastic tires out there...

Goodyear is currently the last tire I want to run anyway, I try to avoid both "Woke" (Where the Hell did that term come from anyway?) as well as Christianist companies when I can. Sometimes I can't. Whatever. There certainly are plenty of other fantastic tires out there...
My MTR/K tires chunked the lugs bad and I do nothing like most of the people on here.

Reactions: williambmac
My MTR/K tires chunked the lugs bad and I do nothing like most of the people on here.
I know a lot of people revere these tires. I ran them once and that was it.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
Jerry, with these coveted tires discontinued (I have a set on my 97) what is the talk around the water cooler for a suggested suitable substitute?

Background. I was looking around myself the past week and found out via 2-3 different tire shops that they could no longer procure the Goodyear MT/R tires. With that said I was looking at other options but didn't see that great of reviews on these: 35x12.5x15 BF Goodrich Mud-Terrain KM3s.

Any suggestions from the group are welcomed on tire options to replace the GY 35x12.5R15 MT/R.
I'm currently running BFG KM3's in the size you mentioned. They've been holding up really well for 3 years now, I'm very happy with them.

I don't have any experience with the Goodyear MTR/K for comparison purposes.

People tend to forget that tires are purpose built. As such, any particular tire will work extremely well in one area, but suck in another. Like shocks, you have to be willing to experiment to figure out what works best for your style wheeling, climate, and overall use. In the journey of "discovery", I've been through more tires than I'd like to admit . Duratracs, KO2, KM2, MT/R, ATZ, MTZ, and more.

Out of all the tires I've tried, the MTZ P3 was the best for my needs. They were reasonable on the road, handled the abuse of rocks with ease, cleaned out the East Coast mud/clay well, and, most importantly, had sufficient siping to handle the down pours we get here Spring/Summer/Fall, as well as the occasional snow in Winter. That said, they weren't perfect, so the morale of the story is there's no such thing as a tire that does everything well. Buying them, like other parts we install, requires thought, experimentation, and compromise!

I noticed one day that my GY tires were pulling hard to the left. :D

Go woke, go broke. I do tend to buy from Christian run or owned companies though when possible.

People tend to forget that tires are purpose built. As such, any particular tire will work extremely well in one area, but suck in another. Like shocks, you have to be willing to experiment to figure out what works best for your style wheeling, climate, and overall use. In the journey of "discovery", I've been through more tires than I'd like to admit . Duratracs, KO2, KM2, MT/R, ATZ, MTZ, and more.

Out of all the tires I've tried, the MTZ P3 was the best for my needs. They were reasonable on the road, handled the abuse of rocks with ease, cleaned out the East Coast mud/clay well, and, most importantly, had sufficient siping to handle the down pours we get here Spring/Summer/Fall, as well as the occasional snow in Winter. That said, they weren't perfect, so the morale of the story is there's no such thing as a tire that does everything well. Buying them, like other parts we install, requires thought, experimentation, and compromise!
Well said. x2

Go woke, go broke. I do tend to buy from Christian run or owned companies though when possible.
I haven't got a problem with Christian run/owned businesses per se - but when they cross the line into "Christianist", I tend to avoid at that point. With that said, I've seen just as many dishonest Christian businesses as any other kind - so that's not a reason for preference either. Just like I've encountered tons of fantastic Pagan owned businesses, and tons of same owned by pot heads and other ne'er do wells. I want to judge a business - or a person - by their own merits or lack thereof. Not by any type of religious or political posturing which turns me off so much that I'll often look elsewhere even if I actually *agree* with that particular position. Provide your service, sell your product, and shut the fuck up about your beliefs/values/religion/politics/whatever.

I haven't got a problem with Christian run/owned businesses per se - but when they cross the line into "Christianist", I tend to avoid at that point. With that said, I've seen just as many dishonest Christian businesses as any other kind - so that's not a reason for preference either. Just like I've encountered tons of fantastic Pagan owned businesses, and tons of same owned by pot heads and other ne'er do wells. I want to judge a business - or a person - by their own merits or lack thereof. Not by any type of religious or political posturing which turns me off so much that I'll often look elsewhere even if I actually *agree* with that particular position. Provide your service, sell your product, and shut the fuck up about your beliefs/values/religion/politics/whatever.

Reminds me of the Michael Jordan quote "Republicans buy shoes too." I think I got that correctly.