Got our old YJ back!

Jaxon B.

TJ Enthusiast
As I wrote and referenced to in a couple of my posts, we had a '92 YJ that my dad bought new off of the showroom floor, and he sold to his friend for something more economical at the time (2013 Dodge Dart) and for the last 8 years it has been in NYC getting fixed up and driven by his friend.

Just last week, we got it shipped down and now it is back home with us!

29168e26-3ee2-41e3-a974-9ebcc96e12a2.jpg
92d33ce4-59f1-41f7-859f-cf333cee3416.jpg
c1c43fe9-a479-49b8-920c-9b20eb1781f9.jpg
2c16db1c-8a4f-487d-84f0-c1a476829f16.jpg
d22d3b09-eae3-49c0-9243-a24608ad1a0b.jpg
While it was in NYC it got powder coated and a couple of big fixes like a frame replacement, etc.

It was really cool to drive the Jeep around that I was brought to elementary school in when I was like 5. My dad and I have a couple of things to fix up now that we have it, like a big exhaust leak where that cat would be.

That is another great story about a YJ tonight.

I know it's an automatic but it's "automatically three on the tree" and fits right in with the rest of the 1980s dashboard. For some reason I wouldn't worry about the red overspray in that picture either.

Is that under dash AC or was my son's YJ so abused by previous owners that the whole under dash vent system is missing?

Reactions: Jaxon B.
That is another great story about a YJ tonight.

I know it's an automatic but it's "automatically three on the tree" and fits right in with the rest of the 1980s dashboard. For some reason I wouldn't worry about the red overspray in that picture either.

Is that under dash AC or was my son's YJ so abused by previous owners that the whole under dash vent system is missing?
It is under dash AC, but I wouldn't know if it was standard or a special package or anything. My guess would be if it had AC it would come factory with this panel.

Had factory AC like that in my 94 YJ. It would freeze your knees right off! Congrats on getting her back. I'd like to have another YJ to tinker with one day.

Its likely a factory kit. You could get it as an option. Or it would be added based on the package.
Yup... the dealerships could add it or it could be factory ordered.

I ordered a fully appointed 91 YJ (Sahara... I hated the Renegade of that year's plastic BS) and the only option I didn't get was the AC because, at the time I lived in Northern WA.

Reactions: Fouledplugs