Your First / Old Jeep Thread

Maybe one day you'll get another one! I'd love to restore a CJ-7
ugh while I do get emotional seeing one drive by there was a pretty bad accident a few years ago when someone with the same model blew a tire out on the highway flipped and died. Every time I drove it after that I felt like it was a death trap. I know the tj isn't much better but at least its got airbags haha. I think if I start feeling that way again I'll just make it a trail rig.

Reactions: seabass
Not my Jeep, but the earliest one I can remember. This is my dad's '92 YJ, the first car I can remember being driven around in. Now she lives in New York with his best friend and my dad is actually planning on buying her back! We'll see how it goes in May.
_nc_ohc=jQKoNMYqNTwAX_2J2-f&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.jpg
_nc_ohc=JYfn6UM3ZOQAX979QK9&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=q-0QDfLqgT8AX-jw_G4&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.jpg

The JK on the right is one of our friend's

_nc_ohc=Cw-WD738XGEAX-Be99v&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.jpg

Can't wait to see it again in the future! Awesome memories in this thing

ugh while I do get emotional seeing one drive by there was a pretty bad accident a few years ago when someone with the same model blew a tire out on the highway flipped and died. Every time I drove it after that I felt like it was a death trap. I know the tj isn't much better but at least its got airbags haha. I think if I start feeling that way again I'll just make it a trail rig.
Yeah, I think if I ever do get one it'd solely be a weekend/fun vehicle. I'm not a huge fan of daily driving my LJ, but my beater car is, well, beat. I need to buy something else that's halfway decent to drive daily

Not my Jeep, but the earliest one I can remember. This is my dad's '92 YJ, the first car I can remember being driven around in. Now she lives in New York with his best friend and my dad is actually planning on buying her back! We'll see how it goes in May.
View attachment 210618View attachment 210619View attachment 210620

The JK on the right is one of our friend's

View attachment 210621

Can't wait to see it again in the future! Awesome memories in this thing
I love it! My cousin's old YJ Rio Grande is what made me fall in love with Jeeps. He'd visit from college while I was in middle school and drop me off in it, I felt like the coolest kid at school.

Not mine, but my first was a CJ2A. Started driving it when I was 8 years old. After school my chore was to load the back with hay and drive out to the pasture and spread the hay for the livestock. It was a real adventure in the winter with snow on the ground. One of those vehicles I wished we had kept, but as a teenager I sold it and got a Jeepster.
1608677620895.png

No pics handy, but I had a 71 commando that was a total pile in high school. Lots of prairie dogs met their end with my friends and I using it as a mobile gun platform. Always had a ton of 22 brass rolling around in it.
Also had a few Willys wagons. Kind of wish I had kept the 54 I was planning on SBC swapping but life got in the way.

Not mine, but my first was a CJ2A. Started driving it when I was 8 years old. After school my chore was to load the back with hay and drive out to the pasture and spread the hay for the livestock. It was a real adventure in the winter with snow on the ground. One of those vehicles I wished we had kept, but as a teenager I sold it and got a Jeepster.
View attachment 212392
My jack Mormon buddy in HS had a really clean one, we damn near rolled it hauling ass on some dirt roads. That dude was insane.

No pics. Mine was a white 1992 Jeep Cherokee Laredo with a maroon interior. In it's day (I had it in the mid 90s) it was the cats meow.

I've got some great stories that involve that Jeep I probably can't share here.

View attachment 212392
Now that is awesome!

No pics handy, but I had a 71 commando that was a total pile in high school. Lots of prairie dogs met their end with my friends and I using it as a mobile gun platform. Always had a ton of 22 brass rolling around in it.
Also had a few Willys wagons. Kind of wish I had kept the 54 I was planning on SBC swapping but life got in the way.
Always had a soft spot for Commandos, I see them pop up for sale sometimes. Maybe one day

Inspiration for sure. I was 18 at the time. And although it isn't technically a Jeep, I still call it one 😎
Fair enough, I do the same thing! I wrote my senior paper on the history of Jeep and loved reading about how many players there were in the game to produce what the military needed at the time. Can't remember a lot of the details, I should find that paper

Reactions: hosejockey61
Not mine but my dads. This is the Jeep that got me started. It was also the vehicle I learned to drive stick on. He recently had it restored but I couldn’t find any old pictures of the beater it used to be. It’s a 76 cj5 with a 304
47051081-F94C-45F4-930F-F2375F2A4A3E.jpeg

This is my first and current Jeep that was given to be when I got my license. It’s a 2001 Sahara with a 4.0L and a 5 speed aka my pride and joy.
0B29AD49-82EB-42B0-BA47-47F3E5C13F6C.png

05-14-08_2027.jpg
IMAG0126.jpg
Photo0021.jpg
My first was an XJ. Then it was a 94 YJ that was totaled a year later. Couldn't do physical work for almost 4 years. Mj was next. Had it until about 4 years ago. Sold with 135,000 on it. Took too many years, to get back into a Wrangler again. These are the only pics I have left of them.

No pics. Mine was a white 1992 Jeep Cherokee Laredo with a maroon interior. In it's day (I had it in the mid 90s) it was the cats meow.

I've got some great stories that involve that Jeep I probably can't share here.
Those maroon interiors were cool, don't see too many of those around anymore.

Reactions: ejay