Grab Bars

Can you imagine the colorful commentary if you smacked the side of your head/face on a big bullet handle in the middle of the door opening?! 😬 If @TheBoogieman did that to his wife he might be looking for a new one!

Shoot the way I understand it is, boog is always looking for the next wife :cool: :oops: :ROFLMAO:

Product description on Steinjager website says Made in USA.
🥸🥸

View attachment 486988

Another quality USA made product. :unsure:
1704115330959.png

TRAIL TESTED TOUGH
MADE IN THE U.S.A.

Rusty's (2017_11_20 00_38_12 UTC).jpg

Having smashed my head open on an unpadded roll bar the thought of a metal grab bar makes my head hurt.

Velcro got people to space.

-Mac

Slamming the back of your head into a concrete driveway is no less fun. The fun part is they rarely fail until you have one foot stuck in the floorboard and both hands wrapped around the handle. That and it isn't the Velcro that fails although practically none of them are and instead are some off brand hook and loop.

The Velcro isn't what fails, the webbing they use rots even when not exposed to direct sunlight. That includes the higher dollar option that Mopar sold for awhile.

The Velcro isn't what fails, the webbing they use rots even when not exposed to direct sunlight. That includes the higher dollar option that Mopar sold for awhile.

100%. Factory Mopar strap on wife’s ‘18 JK rotted out Didn’t know because the tears were behind the hardtop. My son was using the strap to hold on while removing snow off the roof and snap, down hard. Like real hard. He’s still my son but… he since has removed all Velcro straps from any family Jeep.

Fossil fuel also put weather satellites in space.

The great Galveston hurricane of 1900 killed 8-12,000 people and left another 10,000 homeless out of a population of 38.000.

Now we know days or weeks in advance of an approaching storm.

I threw a dart at Amazon and bought ubox grab bars for $30. Excellent packaging, welds, powdercoat, very sturdy looking.

If the holes line up, I will be happy.

Reactions: John Cooper
Paranoia the destroyer...

My roll cage bolts are buttonhead. The grab bars take a recessed screwhead.

I think the factory bolts are m8 x 1.25 x 25, about 8mm of the length is unthreaded.

If I use the factory bolts, I lose about 33% of the clamping force.

Am I being paranoid?

Off to Ace Hardware I go.

grab1.jpg

Paranoia the destroyer...

My roll cage bolts are buttonhead. The grab bars take a recessed screwhead.

I think the factory bolts are m8 x 1.25 x 25, about 8mm of the length is unthreaded.

If I use the factory bolts, I lose about 33% of the clamping force.

Am I being paranoid?

Off to Ace Hardware I go.

View attachment 488830

That's always one of the biggest complaints about the "knockoffs" versus the original Grabars. The Grabars did not have countersunk holes and reused factory roll bar bolts. Obviously, it's a bit of a moot point since you can't buy originals anymore (not new at least).

I'm not an engineer but I'd say you're probably fine. But some of the larger guys around here reference needing/wanting every bit of strength they can get out of a handle.